• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How wide with OEM Honda Sidecase

DOHCtor

Reaction score
Visit site
New member here, guys. I live in California and filter/split lanes every time I ride (mainly due to horrible Southern California traffic). I'm planning on purchasing an NC700X, fully loaded, as a super practical daily commuter. I'm just wondering how wide the bike would be with the factory Honda side cases. Does anyone have any measurements? Thanks in advance.

I went out and measured my Honda OEM saddlebags on my bike and I got 31". They bulge out a bit as they are not completely flat.

Pretty sure they are less then the handelbars width

It's been a while, but I recall having measured mine as slightly wider than the bars. Either way, one must recall that the rear of the bike makes a tighter/narrower turn than the front, so one must be careful negotiating tight spots. :)

I've lane-split for quite a long ways with the Honda saddlebags without ripping anything off or hitting anyone. I'm not a Californian, though, so I don't do it on a regular basis.

Thanks for the response, and thank you, randmun, for the going out of your way to measure. This might limit my lane splitting a bit but it's not a huge deal breaker. I'm gonna be picking this bike up in less than a month, so I'll be very active in this forum soon.

As a general rule, OEM saddle bags are narrower than the handle bars, which is critical in any maneuvering situation. Anything extending past the bars is dangerous and needs to be avoided, if possible.
My F800ST, with expandable OEM bags would extend beyond the bars, keeping me ever mindful of that fact. If I ever traveled any distance expanded, I believe I would have put some red tape on one of the mirrors to keep that fact in my head.

Back