• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I am doing an 8 day ride in Oregon / Washington.....

Antarius

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Me and two buddies are doing 8 days from Northern California up to Oregon and Washington, and back down. We're pretty set on day 1 ending in Portland, but other than that we don't have a lot of ideas of where to go and where not to go. What areas have great roads, what areas have poor roads and what attractions, views, or cities we should visit along the way.

The ride is just as important as the destination to us, we want to have a good time wherever we stop each night.

So.... shoot some suggestions my way please?!?!

Me and two buddies are doing 8 days from Northern California up to Oregon and Washington, and back down. We're pretty set on day 1 ending in Portland, but other than that we don't have a lot of ideas of where to go and where not to go. What areas have great roads, what areas have poor roads and what attractions, views, or cities we should visit along the way.

The ride is just as important as the destination to us, we want to have a good time wherever we stop each night.

So.... shoot some suggestions my way please?!?!
I would recommend on your way up take 97 from weed and stop by crater lake, you have to pay to get to the area by the lake but it's worth it Basic Information - Crater Lake National Park (U.S. National Park Service)
Any road to or from there is a great ride.
As long as your on the west side of the mountain range it's green curvy and would be fun on a motorcycle.
If you make this far north I highly recommend stopping for a snack here
Cascadian Farm Home Farm, 55749 WA-20, Rockport, WA 98283
I gained 20 pounds in a month from their ice cream, it's so good.

Port Orford, OR is the terminus of the TAT.
Take pics and you've just finished the TAT.:rolleyes:
I hope to take my bike down to the sand in September this year
and head north to Seattle.
Keep us posted, as I haven't found any "must do" sections yet.

Get on Amazon and buy this book - Motorcycle Touring in the Pacific Northwest

It has it all - you just have to choose some. Also, once you have dates, PM them to me - Happy to provide coffee/garage/tools if you need them in Portland.

Don

Last edited:
Depending on when you're passing through and how much time you're looking at spending in the area, several of us Portlanders may be able to meet up for a local ride, lunch, dinner, whatever.

HWY 101 along the coast would be a much-preferred route over I-5 for scenery and some curvy spots.
In the Willamette Valley area, there's tons of vineyards / wineries out in the hilly areas.
There're several fun roads east of Portland up around Sandy off HWY 26. Plus, out that way, you're relatively close to Mt. Hood. Run up to Timberline Lodge for some spectacular scenery (assuming the sun's out). Make a loop out of that and come back around through Hood River, along the Columbia River via I-84/HWY 30, for even more great views. Cross over at the Bridge of the Gods into Washington and have some fun on HWY 14, which runs along the Columbia on the WA side of the river. More 2-lane road with more curves than I-84.

If you come up via I-5 from California, make sure to stop for food at Heaven On Earth. Cinnamon rolls to die for (and probably get a heart attack from by just looking at them). They're between Grant's Pass and Roseburg. Prepare for a food coma after leaving there.

If you're coming up 101 and cutting over via Hwy 26, Camp 18 is another good place to stop and eat / wander around.

Lots of great stuff in Oregon, practically everywhere!

Map? I don't need no steenkin' map! {Well, OK, I do;}

crazy-mexican.jpg

Back