• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I know it's not much to go on... but you folks know things.

I had the chain replaced. No problems now. I'll probably plan on doing it myself next time. I'm sure there's a Youtube video on it!
My 2015 DCT was my first ever motorcycle. Never worked on a bike before. I’m probably a below average to average mechanic generally, comfortable doing oil, brakes, and routine stuff on cars, but not anything like a pro.

I bought the Service Manual for my bike, bought some metric tools I needed for various parts of the bike, and found this forum and some YouTubes. I’ve done most everything on my bike except the valve checks (but in 2 dealer checks they haven’t moved so I quit worrying about them unless/until the bike starts misbehaving).

Nothing about working on this bike falls into the terribly difficult category - some things take a fair bit of time because of removing panels, breaking stupid plastic tabs, etc., but not awful. Oh, and at my age I’m done mounting tires - absent spending thousands on a mounting rig and having the garage space for it, it’s a giant PITA. I’m just taking the wheels off and letting a local shop do it (and when I pay them I think of how much more riding time I have instead of spending Saturday wresting tires). And there really isn’t all that much maintenance required on the 700/750.

And the folks on this forum have seen just about everything and offer great advice, instructions, photos, and where to buy stuff.

My 2015 DCT was my first ever motorcycle. Never worked on a bike before. I’m probably a below average to average mechanic generally, comfortable doing oil, brakes, and routine stuff on cars, but not anything like a pro.

I bought the Service Manual for my bike, bought some metric tools I needed for various parts of the bike, and found this forum and some YouTubes. I’ve done most everything on my bike except the valve checks (but in 2 dealer checks they haven’t moved so I quit worrying about them unless/until the bike starts misbehaving).

Nothing about working on this bike falls into the terribly difficult category - some things take a fair bit of time because of removing panels, breaking stupid plastic tabs, etc., but not awful. Oh, and at my age I’m done mounting tires - absent spending thousands on a mounting rig and having the garage space for it, it’s a giant PITA. I’m just taking the wheels off and letting a local shop do it (and when I pay them I think of how much more riding time I have instead of spending Saturday wresting tires). And there really isn’t all that much maintenance required on the 700/750.

And the folks on this forum have seen just about everything and offer great advice, instructions, photos, and where to buy stuff.
Understood. However, I just looked at how to replace the Air filter (due soon) and what a PIA that is! Nothing hard but you have to take almost all the plastic off the front of the bike to do it! My prior bikes the air filter was just hanging off the side of the engine!

Back