• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

ideas for insurance for 1st time rider.

Oh my insurance is cheap in the US. I pay $1350/year with only 3 months of good riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's similar to mine except I'm 23 just started riding and have to have full coverage. Have riders and about 8 months of good riding. But i expected all of this when I got the bike.

Progressive Insurance - I'm 51 years old - basic coverage (just enough to make law enforcement leave me alone)
$120 a year.

The reason your insurance cost so much more that the numbers given by our members is quite simply your age. You are under age 25. When you turn 25 your rates will drop. If you are married over age 23 that does save a little money, but not worth getting married for!

I pay just over $200 for full comprehensive with break down cover and all the bells and whistles inc no claims protection..
and I'm 63 later this year.
very basic insurance inc fire and theft $120 but for $82 more I may as well get the lot.
the only thing that I'm not covered for is my biking gear inc helmet but it wasn't worth paying an extra $60 for.

yeah.same experience with progressive. they charge me actually HIGHER premium than they did for CBR600RR :):) it was 365-380 $ a year.
at that point i said-f** it. switched to allstate-same exact coverage(actually- a bit better) =$132.
one thing is easier with progressive is that if you want to cut the coverage during cold months-it takes 5 min or less via phone. i've done this with CBR all the time-just tell them that you are not riding at this time and cut it off or just keep the liability(which is like $50-60 a year). then-when spring comes-bump it up. people do this all the time. but at 132 or so-it's not even worth the time to switch it on and off all the time.
as for a coverage itself-you have to weight things like your regular medical insurance and what's covered by it,maybe life insurance and so on. for example-why do i need a huge premium on medical part,if i 'm already covered by my regular insurance from work?

I just renewed with Progressive. I'll probably shop around next time. My one time payment was $308. The fee at the bootm is if you make 12 monthly payments. I may update it and add uninsured motorist.

Coverage & Premium Information
Honda

BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY $47.00
BI $100,000 EACH PERSON - $300,000 EACH ACCIDENT
PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY - $50,000 EACH ACCIDENT
COMPREHENSIVE $500 DEDUCTIBLE $67.00
INCLUDES DISAPPEARING DEDUCTIBLE
COLLISION $500 DEDUCTIBLE $272.00
ACCESSORY COVERAGE $3,000 INCL
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE $10.00
UNINSURED MOTORIST - REJECTED
UNDERINSURED MOTORIST - REJECTED
UNINSURED MOTORIST PROPERTY DAMAGE - REJECTED
PERSONAL INJURY PROTECTION - REJECTED
Premium by Vehicle $396.00
Total Policy Premium $396.00

I just renewed with Progressive. I'll probably shop around next time. My one time payment was $308. The fee at the bootm is if you make 12 monthly payments. I may update it and add uninsured motorist.

Coverage & Premium Information
Honda

BODILY INJURY & PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY $47.00
BI $100,000 EACH PERSON - $300,000 EACH ACCIDENT
PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY - $50,000 EACH ACCIDENT
COMPREHENSIVE $500 DEDUCTIBLE $67.00
COLLISION $500 DEDUCTIBLE $272.00
ACCESSORY COVERAGE $3,000 INCL
ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE $10.00
UNINSURED MOTORIST - REJECTED
UNDERINSURED MOTORIST - REJECTED
UNINSURED MOTORIST PROPERTY DAMAGE - REJECTED
PERSONAL INJURY PROTECTION - REJECTED
Premium by Vehicle $396.00
Total Policy Premium $396.00

Total loss of motorcycle = $10,000
Hit by an uninsured motorist and end up in ER = $150,000+?

Uninsured/underinsured is far more important than collision or comprehensive, IMHO.

Oh my insurance is cheap in the US. I pay $1350/year with only 3 months of good riding.

I know, right? :eek:

Food is cheap, land is cheap, gas is cheap, insurance is insanely cheap, vehicles are ridiculously cheap, houses are cheap, taxes are low, travel is uber cheap, wages are high...

They must all be putting gazillions into their savings accounts or something, lol :confused:

Lucky Americans! :D

Back