• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I'm getting cold feet.............

Someone makes a lower fairing that is really a wind deflector for your feet.

Any links or more into on that? In there an aftermarket solution? Honda makes some lower deflectors but I hear they are more like just revenue generators for Honda than they are wind deflectors.

Any links or more into on that? In there an aftermarket solution? Honda makes some lower deflectors but I hear they are more like just revenue generators for Honda than they are wind deflectors.

If I were to hazard a guess, it probably would be that strange (Thai?) fellow that makes fiberglass (or carbon; I can't remember) upper and lower wind deflectors that have been posted here every once in a while, over the years. Wasn't he the one that made that really bizarre looking humungous front fairing/speaker enclosure contraption as well?

So far those have been the only ones I've seen other than the Honda vestigial affairs.

It's entirely possible I'm mixing up one or two different makers of some of these, but I would have sworn it was this guy, but this posting only shows the upper ones-

(scroll down on the page to see pictures)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Nc700...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited:
Body core temperature was mentioned on another thread.

Cold extremities indicates a cool core. More layering or heated clothing for the body core is the first step in keeping hand/feet warm(er).

Honda makes these special lower wind deflectors for your situation. Not sure they actually work well, but thought I'd post what they look like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 90
Warm and safe makes the First Gear heated clothing. First rate and the electrics have lifetime warranty.

The "new" lower cowl deflectors work great

The new model Honda lower cowl deflectors are larger and mount more securely than the earlier models.
They have a different part number also. I bought a pair, mounted them and rode with them in cold weather.
I would recommend them.
Do a search on this forum for "lower cowl deflectors" and you can see and hear about this improved item.

[...Heated grips and Hippo Hands have cured my fingers, but now my toes are screaming for the same luxury...]

Adding some sort of wind deflector to keep the direct blast of cold air from hitting your boots would help a lot.

Back