• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I'm gonna kill that Honda Gorilla!

draco_1967

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I took apart my frunk lid to get it ready for vinyl. Well everything went well untilled I got to the two screws that hold the latch lock plate and the plastics together. They were WAY over tightened. One would not budge, and the other took a ton of torque to break free. The one that would not budge ended up breaking the plastic on the outer black trim piece. GRRRRRR!
ygysesar.jpg
erezute7.jpg

EEFFFF! That's from gripping the screwdriver so hard.
ygygare5.jpg

Thanks for letting me vent...

I had the same issue trying the remove the tail light... The Phillips head (always seems to be the chosen weapon) that holds the assembly in was so tight I had to use a punch to get it out. How exciting to hammer a plastic component! I feel your pain

I am sorry...but the assembly guy probably didn't know that we are going to try opening the bike up so soon...

Next time try clamping a small pair of vise grips or locking pliers on the handle of the JIS, not Phillips, screwdriver. The lever of the pliers lets you apply steady torque while the other hand presses the JIS screwdriver into the screwhead. It may have still broken off the plastic in this instance. I have had the lid apart and those screws and socket bolts are tight. I had to use the plier lever "tool" to get the latch plate screws loose.

I had the same issue trying the remove the tail light... The Phillips head (always seems to be the chosen weapon) that holds the assembly in was so tight I had to use a punch to get it out. How exciting to hammer a plastic component! I feel your pain

If you talking about the screw on the underside of the assembly that has a runner bushing underneath I know exactly what you are talking about. I ended up having to warm up the rubber to it some flexibility, and attached a vise grip to the screw to get it loose. It took forever.

Back