• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Imagine My Surprise!!

When its close to daylight savings time is when I notice the deer moving a lot more. That was the only buck I got without firing one shot. He cost me $3,500 for that meal.

Ironic that chemically flavored Juicy Fruit, whose "fruit" they are referring to is a mystery, is more recognized than the actual fruits on the list?

"...a Yale University study on scent recognition once ranked crayons as number 18 of the 20 most recognizable scents to American adults."

After searching for a short while, I found lots of references to that Yale study, but not the study itself.

Here's the (supposed) list:
1. Coffee
2. Peanut butter
3. Vicks VapoRub
4. Chocolate
5. Wintergreen oil
6. Baby powder
7. Cigarette butts
8. Mothballs
9. Dry cat food
10. Beer
11. Ivory bar soap
12. Juicy Fruit gum
13. Orange
14. Cinnamon
15. Lemon
16. Tuna
17. Banana
18. Crayons
19. Cheese
20. Bleach

Ironic that chemically flavored Juicy Fruit, whose "fruit" they are referring to is a mystery, is more recognized than the actual fruits on the list?

Kind of like an item I read that said taste testers were ineffective for judging extra virgin olive oil because most people were so accustomed to adulterated oil that the good stuff tasted "wrong".

I thought of this thread after some excitment on the way to work this morning. I need to get one of these camera systems and put it on my bike to record this type of stuff.

I was headed to work and traveling west on I-40. Just outside Little Rock. There are no lights on that strip pf the highway and it gets a little conjested. There are a lot of semi trucks on the road at 6am. A semi had moved over to the left lane and was about three car lengths in front of me when all of a sudden the rear tires on his trailer when over something large and crap went flying everywhere. I did some evasive manuevers and only got hit by a few small items. I passed what was left of a large cardboard box as it flew by the right side of my bike. Someone obviously lost a box from the back of a vehicle and the semi did not see it until it was to late.

Lesson learned. Don't get to comfortable riding around large trucks and keep a safe distance. I probably let myself get a little closer than I should have. It did not give me much time to react.

Lesson learned. Don't get to comfortable riding around large trucks and keep a safe distance. I probably let myself get a little closer than I should have. It did not give me much time to react.

^^THIS!!

I had the experience of hearing my father say "hold on" on the highway at 60-70mph in our car when I was a child... I didn't know what what about to happen, but he did. He was a truck mechanic, and the tire on the semi next to us just started to separate... We were in the station wagon or suburban at the time he laid into the brake, (had it been his commuter car I've no doubt he would have choose the gas instead of the brake) and we slowed WAY DOWN... and watched first hand as the tire tread shot out every direction at 60 mph...

I don't fear trucks when I'm in my car (I liked driving by the big semi's when I was younger and my commute at the time put me on the same roads as them for extended periods, they were predictable in a way that passenger cars just aren't) plenty of metal to protect me and my passengers if something were to go wrong, though I'd still probably rather my car didn't play catcher for a semi throwing rubber and steel.

On the motorcycle I have the horsepower to get up and around trucks from a safe distance behind them to a safe distance in front of them in a matter of seconds (even at highway speeds, though maybe need to drop to 5th) and I choose that option to avoid being around a truck with a wheel blowing off.... or a shifting load inside that causes the whole truck to roll (might be able to find some youtube videos of that) or anything else that involves 50 tons of whatever they are hauling ending up on top of me. 1 ton of sedan would be bad enough.
I get very uncomfortable when I'm part of a long chain of cars slowly passing a semi... I usually hang back a bit and rev up to move quickly from being back and to the left of the semi to being well in front of it.

I was surprise too..thought I was going to pass wind but I need to have a shower now;)

Last edited:
Back