• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

In case anybody was wondering

scidork

Reaction score
Visit site
In case anybody was wondering what the actual top speed is on level ground for the NC700 S, I figured I'd take advantage of being in Germany and test it a couple times during a several hundred km Autobahn trip today. Tucked down with my feet on the passenger pegs and butt against the drivers seat hump/cutout thing, it seems like normal is about 188 kph (117 mph) but if I, at 5'8" and about 145 lbs dip so far as to look through the stock windshild, it can eak out 192 kmh(119 mph). Upright was about 185 or so but my helmet isn't the tightest fit and it was hard to blink fast enough to keep my contacts wet in that position.

"Actual top speed". Is that measured with GPS or radar, or is that the speedometer indicated speed?

Last edited:
I've seen a YouTube video of someone testing the same thing and they were able to reach 195. So it seems you pretty much hit the limit. :)

EDIT: Here's the video.

[video=youtube;TcW7jzkuBmg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcW7jzkuBmg[/video]

I have had my speedo replaced as it was reading 10km faster than actual (gps) speed. The new speedo is exactly the same and I assume all the speedos read that much faster. Accordingly you can deduct about 9/10 KPH from your top speed to get actual. Most of them have a top speed of about 110MPH depending on conditions such as wind behind/against, incline on road etc etc. However they are not really about top speed are they. Just good useable everyday power.

Unfortunately my gps is an android tablet which I tuck inside my jacket and while it displays speed, it makes no record. It is indeed the stock indicated speed and is the S varriant which I'm finding few people on here have. I should have said "actual indicated" top speed in my original post.

Mine reads within 1 mph of the gps up to about 75, havent had it past that yet. But is for sure slower then my last Honda 700 back in 84 when I had the Nightwing but im a lot older now and dont want to go faster often.

I've seen 110 mph indicated a couple of times but mostly it struggles to hit 107-108. The speedo is off about 1 mph over 100 compared to my GPS . I have a larger windshield than stock and I think the 110s were when I still had the stock one on the bike. Hard to remember.

My 2013 manual is 1mph less than my gps up to 90mph, most accurate speedo I have had on any bike. I changed over from the Metzlers to Conti Motions last week and going to check the speedo with the gps this weekend on my bike vacation.

My 2013 manual is 1mph less than my gps up to 90mph, most accurate speedo I have had on any bike. I changed over from the Metzlers to Conti Motions last week and going to check the speedo with the gps this weekend on my bike vacation.
If you want to do some riding together when you are in FL let me know here or in a PM. I seem to recall you stay in Gainesville, FL.

Back