• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Insurance rates!

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I finally found a reasonable insurance rate for my bike with progressive insurance company. My first bike/scooter, was with foremost insurance, in Michigan. I wanted a more reputable company for my first actual expensive to me motorcycle. Plus my car is with them anyways.

I'm young and inexperienced. 25, single, full time job, home owner. In March I took my local Junior college (Joliet Junior College) motorcycle training course. It is a MSF course 20 hours riding and 5+ hours classroom instruction. IT WAS AWESOME!!! I had a blast, and wanted to be properly licensed for my 2011 Honda PCX 125 scooter that I was using for commuting to work.

So with the background set:

Geico: $925!!!
Foremost: $479
Allstate: $689
Progressive: $549 - that is with the $104 off due to approved safety course within 3 years.

all four I set up for full coverage and $50,000
plus uninsured motorist and a $500 deductible
no road side assistance
and some other goodies included but I don't remember
It was an average setting, not max, not bare minimum.

I'm still new at insurance rates, but I was the happiest person in the world when I got my letter saying happy birthday 25, by the way we lowered your rates!

I have a perfect driving record, never ticketed, no accident, no claims blah blah blah, got my license at 16.

I'm asking you older guys and girls does the insurance get cheaper with age? Who are you currently with, and what are you paying? I'd like to shop around for next year. I always shop around every year and keep coming back to progressive.

Man I must be doing something right. Mine is 386 a year for 3 bikes. 2 with full coverage and the xr with liability. I'm with rider ins.

Motorcycle Insurance: Rider Insurance, Motorcycle Insurance for New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Indiana, Maryland

I have no connection with the company. Just found them after I was tired of being raped by State Farm. Rider includes roadside coverage on every policy. I haven't filed a claim with them (and hope I don't have to), but their customer service has been great. I have bought and sold around 20 bikes this year and they have no problem adding and dropping bikes. They don't service all states so if your lucky enought to live in one they do check them out

Back