• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Is it Daytona Bike Week?

After 2 days in this falling wet stuff (could not be rain?) in Texas, Louisianna, Mississippi, and Alabama, I had to get up early to adjust and lube my chain. Showered this morning, so off to the Daytona Speedway I go.

I just got home from Daytona. Had a great time! Will process some video tomorrow. Batteries are currently dead. The Shinko tires recommend by Bamamate have once again preformed great. Over 8,000 miles on them now. Will have to replace the rear tire soon.

What model Shinko did you fit on your NC? I have nearly 6k on the original Metzlers so a replacement is coming up. I'm not at all interested in the off-road/street tires.

ps. After DMG (NASCAR) took over AMA Road Racing, it went downhill fast. AMA Road Racing is now back in good hands with Wayne Rainey but the Daytona group still have motorcycle road races in early-March. They are mostly what I'd call "club races," with no factory sponsored riders on exotic machines. Michael Barnes, age 47, won the Daytona 200. I'm sure that some of the other entrants are already AARP members!

Last edited:
Back