• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Just had my seat reworked by a local upholsterer here in SLC:

Thanks, I agree to the 2-pronged approach. That way nothing is done to excess. Going down an inch on the seat and an inch on the rear and I might be able to use the stock stands. I'm going to see if I can get the upholsterer to meet me at the dealer to look at the seat or maybe drive him over there myself.

"You might as well rip out all of the foam and just sit on the seat pan"

Also Mike, I actually asked if we could take the seat off to allow me to sit on the frame just to see what it would be like to be able to flat foot the bike.
They were not too anxious to do that without any money changing hands. Can't say I blame them.

The kickstand is a little marginal after going down an inch via a link. The bike does lean over when on it, but not enough to be safe on anything other than level ground. I had the Soupy's adjustable kickstand fitted and am glad I did. Shortening the stock one would be really easy for anyone with a welding kit. The OEM center stand works fine as is, although obviously it's a little more effort than a normal height bike. I weigh around 160lbs and get it up there onto the stand with mostly just my weight on the stand and a moderate pull up and backwards on the pillion handrail.

I would advise following the path I did, ie get the lowering link fitted straight away, and then ride the bike for a week or two to get a better idea of what you want the upholsterer to do. You may well reach a similar conclusion to me, that the seat needs more than just lowering. You'll be fine riding with the stock seat for a week or so, height wise.

By the way, taking the seat off is really easy, just two 10mm bolts at the rear. Just sayin...

Last edited:
I am not quite 5'7" (contents have settled) 170lbs and off the rack pants with 29 inseam are a little long for me (so says the wife). However I have both feet flat on the ground with my riding shoes, not quite flat with my street shoes. Maybe try different riding boots (shoes) with a thicker tread (or high heels). Would be or could be a lot cheaper and you need a good pair of riding boots too! ed

The kickstand is a little marginal after going down an inch via a link. The bike does lean over when on it, but not enough to be safe on anything other than level ground. I had the Soupy's adjustable kickstand fitted and am glad I did. Shortening the stock one would be really easy for anyone with a welding kit. The OEM center stand works fine as is, although obviously it's a little more effort than a normal height bike. I weigh around 160lbs and get it up there onto the stand with mostly just my weight on the stand and a moderate pull up and backwards on the pillion handrail.

That adjustable kickstand looks cool! There is an OEM alternative for both the kickstand and the center stand: getting the lower NC700S versions. They won't be stocked in the US (unless the upcoming CT versions are the same) but should be easy to get as the bike is widely sold overseas.

Yes! And the NC700S sidestand may be a little cheaper. I paid about $150 plus shipping for the Soupy's adjustable. Not sure whether I'd want a lower centerstand though. Unless you lower the bike more than an inch the standard one works ok. Not sure the NCS centerstand works if the bike's put back up to stock height.

Back