• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Just Purchased my NC700X

mkmclm

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I wanted to post a picture of my bike that I just purchased on 02/21/2014. I installed the tall wind screen, saddle bags and rear trunk a few days ago. So far I love the bike!!! I have ordered a few extra accessories that I will install within a couple of weeks (Pyramid rear fender, R&G radiator guard). I also just ordered a SHAD seat because I can already tell the stock is not comfortable for me. My friend and next door neighbor also purchased a NC700X with the same accessories. We are planning a 6 week around the country trip in the summer of 2015!IMG_0594.jpg

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike. You've got a good start on some farkles. Have you thought about getting a center stand?

Welcome to the forum! How does the NC compare to the Harley?

We are not sure of the exact route yet. Since I live in California we will be heading east through the upper mid-west states and onwards to Chicago. Then heading south with a stop in St. Louis, then head over to the Appalachian mountains. After the Appalachians we are going to New Orleans for a few days. After New Orleans we are heading west through the plains states with a stop in Colorado to ride up to Pike's Peak. Then down to Las Vegas. After Vegas, we are riding up the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada's crossing over Tioga Pass and into Yosemite for our last night. Before I purchased the bike I had planned on getting a center stand. Now I am not sure if I really need one. Any thoughts???

Since my Harley's are vintage (late 20's) there is no comparison. I really enjoy the upright riding position and of course the electric start!!!

We are not sure of the exact route yet. Since I live in California we will be heading east through the upper mid-west states and onwards to Chicago. Then heading south with a stop in St. Louis, then head over to the Appalachian mountains. After the Appalachians we are going to New Orleans for a few days. After New Orleans we are heading west through the plains states with a stop in Colorado to ride up to Pike's Peak. Then down to Las Vegas. After Vegas, we are riding up the eastern side of the Sierra Nevada's crossing over Tioga Pass and into Yosemite for our last night. Before I purchased the bike I had planned on getting a center stand. Now I am not sure if I really need one. Any thoughts???

You need a center stand.

If you travel away from home a center stand allows easy chain and rear wheel maintenance. It's not necessary of course just simplifies things.

Welcome.

Yes, get the center stand. It will make your life much easier.

Swing through the Ozarks on your way to St. Louis and I will show you some of our double secret roads.
Mike

Welcome to the forum from another californian. and best luck for your trip. My suggestion is heated grips in case you run into cold weather. Go straight west from Yosemite until you hit the ocean and you'll be in my neighborhood.

Welcome from Oregon and congratulations on your new NC. You already have it looking so pretty. A center stand was the first accessory I purchased after I got mine, for the reasons already stated. You have an ambitious trip planned for the summer. Ride safe and have fun. If you are going to be in New Orleans you might as well ride on down the Gulf coast and meet Old Can Ride (OCR) and he will show you EVERY motorcycle road in Texas!

Yep, that will be a doozy of a trip. My son and I have been on at least a 4,000 plus mile trip for the last 5 years, not on the NC though. I need to still get in a few more states, only been to 29 of the 50 by motorcycle.

Last edited:
Back