• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Update on an old thread where my brother had some dealer issues with a new bike

JamesD

Reaction score
Visit site
Back in 2016 I posted a thread about some issues my brother had with his brand new bike.
An admin was quick to close the thread so I thought I'd leave it alone a while.
Just to let you know, there was no oil in the forks, we ended up having to change the fork seals, and the bushings had unusual wear. Everything was at my brother's expense.
I won't see any replies, I never visit this forum.

The previous thread had this title.

My Brother Just purchased an NC700X. It's been a fiasco since he picked up the bike​

Back in 2016 I posted a thread about some issues my brother had with his brand new bike.
An admin was quick to close the thread so I thought I'd leave it alone a while.
Just to let you know, there was no oil in the forks, we ended up having to change the fork seals, and the bushings had unusual wear. Everything was at my brother's expense.
I won't see any replies, I never visit this forum.

The previous thread had this title.

My Brother Just purchased an NC700X. It's been a fiasco since he picked up the bike​

I searched thread titles for “fiasco” and located a thread. Here is a link to a 7+ year old thread in case anyone is interested: https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads...n-a-fiasco-since-he-picked-up-the-bike.11442/

But I do have to wonder why you reopened this topic today? Does your brother need some service advice? No oil in the forks seems nearly impossible. You would need to turn the bike upside down to drain them, or would have had to forget to put the bolt in the fork bottom that holds the damper tube in place. Either way, losing all that oil would have made a mess. I can probably understand why the repair was at your brother’s expense, as the bike is 7 years old.

Back