• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

kaoko Throttle Lock question

max cooper

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just installed a model number HND 100 on my NC-700X . I have no hand guards, so this is the model designated per Twisted Throttle. All went pretty well and it's installed but not yet road tested. The instructions and photos' show the "flange " on the friction washer should fit inside the throttle sleeve. But, the flange on my friction washer is the same outside diameter as the throttle sleeve. So it's impossible to install it correctly according to the instructions. I checked to see if the Kaoko truly worked while on the center stand in the garage. It did. I'll ride it tomorrow morning. It feels solid enough , but concerned about actually riding it. Also, the unit itself can't slide all the way into the bar because of this. It does feel very solid though. Has anyone had this particular issue with this particular item ?
Thanks for any help sent my way.
Max

I figured it out. My grip was not quite pulled out to the very end of the throttle tube and did not wrap itself around the tip like it was from the factory. The mentioned flange does not have to fit into the end of the throttle tube after all. It fits into the end of the grip instead. Now the installation looks like the pic in the instructions. Going to take the bike out today to see how it works.
Max

Beaware those will not work with handguards, you have to buy a different version of the Kaoko for HandGuards.....I know from personal experience and I liked them in both instances but when I added Handguards had to order the other version..... Good luck I think you will like them. I just finished a 3900 mile trip from TX NM CO UT NV CA and back and they were a life saver for my hands. I also have the palm rest so they had some help.

Back