• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Knobbies or highway tread?

Yoda

Reaction score
Visit site
The NC700X is not advertised as a 'dual purpose' bike, but my local dealer has one outfitted with some very aggressive knobbies, big side cases, etc. Aren't they out of place on this bike? I am interested in how many owners ACTUALLY ride off road and truly NEED knobbies!

It really comes down to what you will be doing with your bike. For road riding you will find it hard to beat the Bridgestone 023 Touring tires that come on the bike.

For dirt road riding, the tire of choice used by the dirt folks is a combination: Continental Twinduro TKC80 Dual Sport Tires (front) and Heidenau K60 (rear).

That is the beauty of this bike, you can with a few accessories make this bike what you want it to be.

This bike's only limitation is the rider's ability and the accessories.

So Ride the Adventure!

As OldCanRide stated it depends on where you are going to ride. HondaBikePro has knobbies and a wench mounted on his NC so yeah he rides where you have to have knobbies. I’ve hit some ‘roads’ where a more aggressive tire would be good but most of my riding is commuting so I’ve stuck with street tires for now and go slow on the back country roads. Gravel/dirt roads can be like riding on marbles with street tires. Honda markets the NC as an Adventure bike not a dual purpose bike which in my head a dual purpose or dual sport bike is a dirt bike with lights stuck on it to make it street legal where an adventure bike is more street oriented but has features (ground clearance, suspension travel, riding position, etc) that make it capable for off-road use with the correct tires and maybe some accessories like a skid plate. As for big side cases, they are useful anytime you are traveling dirt or street.

I would love to have a wench on the back of my bike. I don't think my wife would tolerate it, though. A winch, maybe, but never a wench.

Back