• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Labor Day Weekend

davidc83

Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Pics from my weekend (sat-sun) ride.
I left my house at 6am Saturday morning, arrived back home at 6 pm on Sunday.
512 miles on the bike on Saturday, 470 miles on Sunday. Left my house at 6am, rode to Deals Gap, bought a couple of stickers. Rode the Cheroholla over to Tellico Plains Motocycle outfitters.
Rode down to Murphy NC on hwy 68 and then over and spent the night at Iron Horse Campground.

Left Iron horse Sunday morning around 7am, rode to Cherokee NC, over the Great Smoky Mountains to Gatlingburg, thru Pigeon Forge (why do people vacation here, YUK, ugliest town I have ever been in) up thru Knoxville on Hwy 441. Rode to Cumberland Falls, then over to Cumerland State Park, over Wolf Creek Dam, then up thru Danville, Frankfort, Madison Indiana and then home.

Here is the link with pictures:
davidc83's Library | Photobucket

Neat pictures. The longest I've ridden in a day is over 100 miles. After that, my rear is sore, even with the Seat Comfort aftermarket seat. One question on those that do long rides: do you take a can of chain lube with you and lube your chain during these long trips? Before my neck with South, and I was riding my bike daily to work (70 miles RT), I would lube my chain on Saturday.

One day I am going to take a long trip like that, maybe down to Arkansas.

Rob

Neat pictures. The longest I've ridden in a day is over 100 miles. After that, my rear is sore, even with the Seat Comfort aftermarket seat. One question on those that do long rides: do you take a can of chain lube with you and lube your chain during these long trips? Before my neck with South, and I was riding my bike daily to work (70 miles RT), I would lube my chain on Saturday.

Rob

My only long trip tallied up to about 500 miles total, so I lubed before and after.
I'm thinking I'll either get a scott oiler for christmas or it will be one of my first purchases for the new year... It will be a requirement for me doing more than a few hundred miles a day.

I bought this bike to commute but the more I look at peoples pictures the more I want to take a road trip. Thanks for posting these.

Rob

I've been using the Loobman oiler for almost 10 years on my VFR and now using it also on my NCX.

LoobMan Motorcycle Chain Oiler Loobman chain-oiler - Home page

Loobman1.jpg

Great pics, great trip. I hope you can come to the second annual NC700 get together next year (date TBD) at the Smokies. We could use a red one to break up the monotony of all those grey ones we had this year.

Did Lake Cumberland fill up again after the dam repairs? We used to houseboat there before they lowered the water level.

Greg

Nice pics and it sounds like a great time. It really makes me want to pack up and ride tomorrow without any planned trip or destination for a couple of days.

Nice pics, and sounds like a nice ride. Wow, visiting several states on a 2 day ride. Out here in the west we would barely make it out of 1 state on a 2 day ride.

Rob
I still have the stock seat and of course my butt was sore. I lube the chain with a lot of lithium grease before I leave and then do chain mainenance when I get home from these rides. Sometimes I carry a small can of WD40 and spray the chain if I run into a lot of rain (hours or days of).

Great pics, great trip. I hope you can come to the second annual NC700 get together next year (date TBD) at the Smokies. We could use a red one to break up the monotony of all those grey ones we had this year.

Did Lake Cumberland fill up again after the dam repairs? We used to houseboat there before they lowered the water level.

Greg

I will try to make it next year (if no place has been picked yet, I highly recommend Iron Horse campground).
Lake Cumberland is filling back up. They finally got the dam repaired and the lake is slowly returning to normal levels.

Nice pics and it sounds like a great time. It really makes me want to pack up and ride tomorrow without any planned trip or destination for a couple of days.
I didnt make any plans for the trip. I decided 3 days before I was going riding somewhere and didnt 100% make my mind up till Saturday morning when I woke up. It was either this ride or ride to Gettysburg, but realized I needed a dragon sticker on the bike :). If you notice the back pack on the back of the bike, I only had one pair of jeans, two t-shirts, 2 pairs of socks and underwear, in the bag. That was all the luggage I needed. When I stopped for gas, I unhooked (bungee cord) one side and the seat raised up, no big deal; total of about 1 minute to unhook and hook back up when finished.

Back