• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Last weekend ride...

LA_NC700X

Reaction score
Visit site
Went up to local canyons around Los Angeles (Azusa+Glendora Mountain Ridge)...

This is the order the bikes come to a stop each time... NC700x corner much better than I expected... ;)

NC700x (2).jpg

I am guessing the parking sequence is also the sequence of the arrival of the bikes "up there".
It is such a more comfortable bike to ride, compared to "race-style" bikes.
:p

Parking sequence is correct... As of time of arrival...

Well.. I turned off engine... took off gloves... took off helmet... Open the compartment and got my cigarettes out... light up a cigarette and about 5, 6 puffs later... They show up... LOL

Yes, helmet resting on the mirror with my gloves in the helmet protecting the padding and foam...

I don't like putting the helmet on the mirrors.

1. It can fall off (don't tell Murphy's laws)
2. Mirrors are usually dirty with dead bugs

I usually end up putting the helmet on the flat ground or somewhere where it cannot fall down or become dirty.
I am a very "clean fanatic".:rolleyes:

I have seen other riders putting helmet on gas tank, seat and what not and fell off when bike is slightly moved...

I have been hanging my helmet on the right mirror with the visor facing the other mirror for many years... Very stable if you put it correctly...

As for cleanliness... Riding motorcycle is very dirty... You and everything on you is just a air filter... LOL

I have seen other riders putting helmet on gas tank, seat and what not and fell off when bike is slightly moved...

I have been hanging my helmet on the right mirror with the visor facing the other mirror for many years... Very stable if you put it correctly...

As for cleanliness... Riding motorcycle is very dirty... You and everything on you is just a air filter... LOL

Next summer, when the flies season is high, take a look at your mirror FIRST, before you put your helmet on it. Coz your head sits on the same fabric which will "clean" the mirror. :p

I also used to put my gloves into my helmet. Then I realised how "clean" my gloves really are. Then I stopped.

With the correct gear (helmet, gloves, clothes, boots), riding a bike does not need to be DIRTY.
I mean bike and gear can be dirty, but not you or your body.

Last edited:
Unless you are riding with a space suit... You are an air filter... :p

I have 3 large dogs... They love to smell me all over when I come back for a ride... They are soaking up all the zip codes... LOL

Happy we don't have flies in America! ;) we use buttons!

LA the yammers had drag with the luggage they had on the back of their bikes. Which you put in the trunk! They must have been scratching their heads.

Last edited:
I rember my wife putting her helmet on the ground in a friends garden. When she put it back on she found that a clony of ants had moved in. It took ages to get them out of the helmet & her hair. To this day mention of it makes her head itch

Well...back to the trip. As a reformed sport bike ape, I love the way the NC handles, its not a Triumph Daytona but it'll get the job done in a respectable manner, and my knees don't hurt near as much anymore.

sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread, but i can't figure out how putting a helmet on the mirror doesn't totally get it out of scew, it takes me a while to get my mirrors just where i want them.

sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread, but i can't figure out how putting a helmet on the mirror doesn't totally get it out of scew, it takes me a while to get my mirrors just where i want them.

You may wanna Loctite them? :p

That could be the 3rd reason why people should leave the mirrors alone.
I do sometimes hang the helmet on the right throttle grip (upside down) on a latched chin-strap.
Placing my helmet on the floor or table or chair, I am always extremely careful to avoid insects, spilled drinks, dog-poo, etc etc.

Well...back to the trip. As a reformed sport bike ape, I love the way the NC handles, its not a Triumph Daytona but it'll get the job done in a respectable manner, and my knees don't hurt near as much anymore.

I have never owned a R-bike. Too scared.
I love these tall riding positioned bikes. And I do like the option of standing up (cannot do that on a R-bike).

Happy we don't have flies in America! ;) we use buttons!

LA the yammers had drag with the luggage they had on the back of their bikes. Which you put in the trunk! They must have been scratching their heads.

Wait till the next time we go out for a 2, 3days road trip... My clothing will be hidden while theirs looks ugly... LOL

I never have problem with mirrors because of the helmet... It your mirrors are loose, tightern them up... It works well... Trust me... I put quite a bit of miles on all my bikes and that include a lot of taking off helmet, rest, wait for the rest to show up...

Last edited:
Back