• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

LED headlight options

LEDs may require a fan, which will come with it, but that usually requires some finagling to get the assembly in, so no, it is usually not just plug in the replacement.

got it. I ended up ordering the cyclops! I called them before placing the order and they were super helpful. Hopefully I will get it by Wednesday and install my light while eating some turkey on Thursday.

The light was delievered when i got home from work, I figured why wait until tomorrow if I could take care of it tonight. I didn't want to take any plastics off, so I had to squeeze my hands in the tiny space available.

Taking out the stock bulb took maybe 30 secs. The LED that I got, it allows you to separate the base from the bulb and thats what they recommend to do and attaching the base to the clamp first then inserting the bulb. I did't want to trim the "rubber housing", so trying to get the bulb locked into the base took forever or actually I couldn't get it to lock, so I ended up doing the opposite and attaching the base to the bulb then running it through the waterproof housing then squeezing everything in, then struggling more with the clamp since now it has to go around the waterproof rubber hosing. Finally after 2 hours everything came together.

Did some aim adjusting but was too tired to actually test it out on the road. Will post some pictures later. But it looks way brighter.

Once the LED goes out, would I want to do the same thing again? probably not or I would probably trim the rubber housing to make my life easier or just try out the PIAA bulb.

My led headlight came out about, if not the same, I think it is the color more then the lumens but either way I can see better and Sean to be seen more often

Back