• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

LED Headlight Upgrade legit?

A note - I angled them wide so I can see roadside deer. I don't ride much at night - they are real threats around here.
I thought deer were bad until I saw what happens to a full size car when they hit a elk at 60mph, recently I saw a small pickup after hitting a 300 pound big at 50-60mph, looked like they hit a wall: eek.
I have the possibility of running into anyone of them and more then half my riding is in the dark.
I also see coyotes eating on the side of the road sometimes.
Hopefully the lights help at least see them.
Have you looked into one of the airbag vests, I've heard good things about them and I guy was on here or ADV talking about hitting a deer and getting right up because of his vest.
Stay safe out there.

Last edited:
I have the Denali lights. They are amazingly bright and have high / low settings. They make a difference. I think it might be possible to get a wide beam on the right one and a spot on the left, if that would be better for deer.

I also have a high viz helite air vest. I did set off the vest once with a low speed drop making a U turn on a gravel road on the side of a hill. (Not on the NC). It worked.

I put a LED headlight in my NC700X a couple weeks. For the most part I really like it but it does have some issues.

It is a Supernova V.3 from Headlight Revolution. It was on sale, and installation was repetitively easy. It has a much brighter whiter light and the beam pattern is very close to the stock halogen. That is both good and bad.

The low beam is fantastic. The cutoff is crisp, maybe even crisper than the stock halogen, and it throws a goodly amount of light down the road lighting up the ground without blinding oncoming drivers. On low beam I give it full marks.

On high beam it enhances the funny beam pattern that the stock light had with a hot-spot at the top of a triangle of light crossed by a horizontal beam at the horizon. With the LED light the pattern is no worse, it's just brighter and the hot-spots are more obvious. It's fine on the highway but in the curves your eye wants to look in the dark spot beside the triangle below the horizontal beam. I have some aux lights to fill in the holes, I just need to wire them up to only go full brightness with the high beam.

IMG_20171021_191113.jpgIMG_20171021_191127.jpg
It's surprisingly hard to take beam pattern pics without washing out the image.

Cyclops H4 7K Bulb upgrade- Legit.

I need some confirmation or an education on this. <snipped for brevity>

Concerns: This was too easy, so why am not not reading some of the senior members doing this? Did I just create an illegal light or some other operational issue by going LED? And if it is a legit mod, how are others weatherproofing the back of the bulb/fan. See my picture of the cut away of the boot with LED fan.

View attachment 34684

I'm in California and purchased the Cyclops CIL-LEDMD-H4-7000 7000 Lumen H4 LED Headlight bulb for an upcoming bucket list trip I did in mid June from here in Ventura County to the PNW- over 3K miles and found the headlights never caused any opposing traffic to flash me and also found that they are a huge improvement especially in unlit roads that you find along the 1 going along the Cali coast. They are the best improvement I've ever had. The only issue I believe is the result of this install (and I to cut the rubber to fit it but don't believe it was necessary subsequently) was that I'm throwing a MIL code periodically of 86-1. It comes and goes and it only happened after heading on my trip. Freaked me out and at times my instrument panel will act weird. I had also put on an accessory wire on the battery (the bolts were tightened so that wasn't it) to add into the frunk another 12 volt source since the accessory one that Honda uses is limited to 1 amp and wanted power for my phone and charging other accessories. I ended up taking that off to give me peace of mind during my trip and it went away. But lately the code came back. I believe it's related to the light since that mini black box connected to the bulb possibly is causing some voltage drop since it wasn't supported well enough and was kind of wiggling around I believe. Other than this issue has anyone else thrown a code with this mod? Just trying to figure out if it would. In any case, I love the light and the huge improvement in night viz. It does seem to spread out wider and give out much better illumination.

I'm in California and purchased the Cyclops CIL-LEDMD-H4-7000 7000 Lumen H4 LED Headlight bulb for an upcoming bucket list trip I did in mid June from here in Ventura County to the PNW- over 3K miles and found the headlights never caused any opposing traffic to flash me and also found that they are a huge improvement especially in unlit roads that you find along the 1 going along the Cali coast. They are the best improvement I've ever had. The only issue I believe is the result of this install (and I to cut the rubber to fit it but don't believe it was necessary subsequently) was that I'm throwing a MIL code periodically of 86-1. It comes and goes and it only happened after heading on my trip. Freaked me out and at times my instrument panel will act weird. I had also put on an accessory wire on the battery (the bolts were tightened so that wasn't it) to add into the frunk another 12 volt source since the accessory one that Honda uses is limited to 1 amp and wanted power for my phone and charging other accessories. I ended up taking that off to give me peace of mind during my trip and it went away. But lately the code came back. I believe it's related to the light since that mini black box connected to the bulb possibly is causing some voltage drop since it wasn't supported well enough and was kind of wiggling around I believe. Other than this issue has anyone else thrown a code with this mod? Just trying to figure out if it would. In any case, I love the light and the huge improvement in night viz. It does seem to spread out wider and give out much better illumination.
I wonder if you got a slightly faulty unit because I've never heard of anyone installing any LED, let alone a good brand name one like Cyclops and it throwing a code.

Last edited:

I've been running a Cyclops 3800 for a long time without any issues. (Thousands of miles) I bought the 7000 for an upgrade, but put it in the DR650 instead.

Back