• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Leo Vince headpipe vs stock headpipe db level

senecagreen

Reaction score
Visit site
I measured same distance same angle with a BAFX decibel meter.

stock headpipe no muffler
idle. 71db
4000 rpm. 96db
revved. 107 db

Leo vince headpipe no muffler
idle 78db
4000 rpm. 98db
revved. 105 db

stock headpipe stock muffler
idle. 70 db
4000 rpm. 85 db
revved. 96 db

stock head pipe with delkevic shorty
idle. 71db
4000rpm. 89db
revved. 101 db

leo vince headpipe stock muffler
idle 66 db
4000 rpm. 80 db
revved. 94db

leo vince headpipe with delkevic
idle. 71db
4000rpm. 89db
revved. 102 db

so with the delkevic muffler on the leo vince headpipe its the same as stock headpipe and only 1db louder revved but it sounds a whole lot better tone than the stock headpipe

The leo vince headpipe with the stock muffler is actually quieter than the stock headpipe. I was suprised by this.

no discernable power difference just a whole lot better sound with a slip on. I actually thought it was louder thru the rev range but the numbers say different. Throttle response seems to be better but it really sounds good now with the dlkevic. prob has something to do with the pre muffler on the leo vince headpioe.

pic of my delkevic

Attachments

• 20240404_113603.jpg
    20240404_113603.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: MZ5
I said no power difference but I took it for a 35 mile ride and the spot where I test 1st gear power wheelies for the first time it pulled the front wheel up high and thats even with the taller 170/60 tkc rocks I just had put on yesterday.

So maybe its just better throttle response.

Interesting. Weird, but interesting. So the LV header is louder on its own than stock, but the stock muffler makes it quieter than stock?!? I have ordered the LV header to use with the stock muffler, and I would have been OK with a slight increase in volume, but your results suggest it will be slightly quieter. I don’t have a dB meter, so when it comes, I’ll just have to use my calibrated ears and butt to measure the difference. (Mostly, I just wanted the stainless steel to replace the ugly stock pipe.)

yes it will be quieter with the stock muffler. Its weird that the pre muffler and stock muffler would work together to that effect.

I wanted to test the stock headpipe against the leo vince headpipe by themselves to record the difference between catalytic converter sound reduction and pre muffler sound reduction.

How all that works together with different mufflers shows how little I know.

There is better more immediate throttle response with the leo vince. Probably why it lifted the front wheel that much higher in 1st gear in that exact same spot I do it in and I weigh 215 lbs .

I doubt it made a bit of difference in peak power and it may behave differently with the stock muffler instead of the delkevic.

Your results may vary lol
I run the delkevic without the db killer insert.

Also facinating, what are we really hearing? pressure waves converted to sound? There is the old question, if a tree falls in the woods and there is no one around to hear it does it make any noise?

Why can you always hear the drums and bass first and its only when you get closer you can hear the guitars?

Why is it some fart cans on those little cars sound really good and some sound like a fart can? lol

Why does the leo vince sound better with my delkevic even though its essentially the same volume yet sound quieter with the stock muffler?

Frequencies? Sonic waves? Pressure waves? Manipulation of all that by engineers to not only design an exhaust that flows good but sounds good too?

How did they design in the location of the pre muffler or is that where it had to go because of packaging? Reversion and the lollipop mod?

I don't know. I just took a chance on the leo vince design vs black widow because it seemed they put more thought into it and the price was right.

Thats why homemade mods like drilling out the stock baffles don't always get the desired tone even though its louder.

I put the db killer back in my delkevic and the only change was it was 75db at idle vs 71 without. 4000 rpm and reved the same. Interesting...

The baffle goes in from the front of the muffler so will leave it in for a while and see how I like it.

Back