• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Let's talk Communications Techie Stuff

FlaNC700X

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the chatterbox XBi2H while it is ok in most situations my biggest complaint is the battery life while receiving music from my phone. So Music fulltime. After reading about other Bluetooth headsets it seems they all suffer the same problem, short music battery life. So I am thinking a system that is connected to power all the time might be better, all I have to do is put up with a cable and remember to disconnect everytime I dismount. Autocom sells a unit but I don't know enough yet about it. What are you guys using if your using anything at all, knowing "Happy" he disconnects from all communications and music :*)

I use the Sena SMH10R. Love it. All day rides listening to music most of the time and have ran the battery down once which was my fault because I didn’t start out with it fully charged. It will recharge while being used. Also you can get a spare battery. Volume is good even with ear plugs. Phone works great at 70mph. Interfaces perfectly with my Windows Phone which I use for music, GPS, send/receive txt messages. When the funds come in I’ll be getting a second one for my daughter so we can intercom.

I agree with bamamate. I have the Sena SMH5 and it's working well for me, but I don't think it allows you to charge while using it. For my purposes, battery life hasn't been an issue. The SMH10 does have a few advantages over the 5 in that it allows you to charge the battery while you are using it and you can also get it configured for either helmet speakers or ear buds/in ear monitors.

Bob

Another very happy Sena SMH05 owner. Never had a problem with battery life. Sound quality and volume is very good (means a lot coming from an audiophile like myself) however, I do recommend getting the upgraded helmet speakers. I commute a total of 60 minutes a day and can go almost 2 weeks without recharging it. I've even left it on over night and still had plenty of juice for my daily commute.

Sena SMH10 here, too. Battery lasts a couple weeks of commuting (1-2hr/day), or needs recharging every other day or so if using all day long, and can plug in while using. Can intercom between 3 people, maybe more.

I use the Sena SMH10R. Love it. All day rides listening to music most of the time and have ran the battery down once which was my fault because I didn’t start out with it fully charged. It will recharge while being used. Also you can get a spare battery. Volume is good even with ear plugs. Phone works great at 70mph. Interfaces perfectly with my Windows Phone which I use for music, GPS, send/receive txt messages. When the funds come in I’ll be getting a second one for my daughter so we can intercom.

I have the 10R as well. My experience mirrors bamamate's except I have an Android phone. No issues whatsoever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

I have the Sena SMH05-FM. I love it. I listen to ESPN radio most of the time but enjoy Bluetooth feature as well. I have never connected to another communicator BUT its worth the 100 bucks, especially since I had received a gift card from revzilla

Back