• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Local fuel prices.

KevinMc

Reaction score
Visit site
I know there are a few threads dedicated to Fuel Economy/Mileage, but I havent seen any threads that mention the cost of fuel per gallon. I am curious about what other members round the nation and the rest of the world.

Here in Tulsa Oklahoma, at the QuikTrip by my house the price per gallon are as follows (as of 4-5 hours ago)
$3.44 for 87oct
$3.56 91oct and non Ethanol 87oct
$3.68 for 93oct
$3.75 for Diesel.

Yeah, but we had noting to do with invading oil-rich countries....
We sleep easy.
:p

Ouch?

We get almost no oil from Iraq. :p
So enjoy your $7.61 gas, huge taxes and murderous cost of living. :D

Norway exports 80% of their North Sea oil.
They use extortionate taxes to raise the price to $10/gallon.

North America, btw, has about 200 years of oil shale and tar sands
that are now available with new extraction technologies. In less than 10
years between shale, tar sands and absolutely massive natural gas reserves
we will be energy self-sufficient and earning export wealth to rival what the middle east
reaped over the last 50 years.

Currently about $5.99 per gallon for regular here in Japan.

Since we have a world audience here, perhaps you could help with something I have been wondering about....

What is the price difference between regular gasoline and premium gasoline in your local currency?

For a very long time here in Japan it was 10 yen per liter. Even as the price of gas almost doubled over the last few years, the difference remained 10 yen per liter. (Very recently it has gone to eleven).

When I was a kid in America, I vaguely recall it bring 10 cents per gallon difference.

I have long suspected that the price difference is arbitrary and has nothing to do with the price of oil, and perhaps not even with the cost of refining.

Since we have a world audience here, perhaps you could help with something I have been wondering about....

What is the price difference between regular gasoline and premium gasoline in your local currency?

For a very long time here in Japan it was 10 yen per liter. Even as the price of gas almost doubled over the last few years, the difference remained 10 yen per liter. (Very recently it has gone to eleven).

When I was a kid in America, I vaguely recall it bring 10 cents per gallon difference.

I have long suspected that the price difference is arbitrary and has nothing to do with the price of oil, and perhaps not even with the cost of refining.

Locally each fuel grade from lowest to highest (usually 87, 89, and 91 octane) has a price difference of from $.10 to $.20. Some stations today charge $.40 more for 91 octane vs 87 octane. Other places the difference is only $.20.

I think the price is set mostly by what customers are willing to pay.

Greg

89 is 10 cents more than 87 and 93 is 10 cents more than 89.

Back