• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looks like the NC750 has been confirmed

The small displacement isn't as interesting to me as electronic cruise control, a standard 12v accessory charger and a little bigger gas tank could be.

I'm sure they'll have happy fun butt massage seats that can't be retrofitted.

Gotta be honest, I think it's weak that Honda is ending a run of only 2 years on the NC700X. kinda screwing us that dealed ourselves in on the 700X and left us hanging. Not good juju Honda....Bad form....

Like in the computer/smartphone market, they always come up with a better product so as to boost the sales income. It occurs as well in the automotive industry.

Then again, if the product I own now fulfills my needs, i dont want to spend more money to replace it with a new one. I think Im gonna keep my current NC for quite a long time. Unless it becomes hard to maintain the bike (parts unavailability) which I believe is less likely to happen.

Sent from my X508 using Tapatalk 4

i personally think it's a good thing. we ended up having fairly limited production bike with pretty pretty good look and mpg consumption. i will not be surprised,if it's holds it's value well.
but i learned my lesson(actually- it was my first purchase of something new and probably last one). never buy a new model. always buy used at the end of production cycle,when they about to roll completely new model of whatever.
i was using this approach on the cars for decades and it worked well. NC is my first(and last exemption of those rules). this winter planning to buy a used MB C class for my wife. as new sub 30K CLA rolls out-prices on used C class will go down big time. jan-feb-i might buy 2009-10 with low miles,factory warranty if the price was right(15-18K area)

Last edited:
I read a lot of buyer envy.
many here have customized their bikes and will not trade up for any reason.
some here may be tempted but I personally think it is splitting hairs.
if you really wanna an upgrade, a totally different beast is needed. 800 or 1200 makes more sense.
just my 2 cents.
:p

The design of the NC700 engine is what caught my eye. The placement of the head is a DIY maintenance dream. If I wanted more power, I would have bought the Yamaha S-10.
50cc isn't going to make or break the NC. This bike was made for someone that doesn't need to have the dealer to do all the service.
If the 500X had the same engine design I would have been happy with it also. (If there was enough leg room). I think Honda screwed the pooch by not using the same engine design as the 700 on that bike.
Do the research and if you wish for something else after the purchase, it's your own fault for not knowing what you wanted.
The NC700 is a great bike period.
I just hope the only difference between the NC700X and the 750 is a bigger piston. That way all the parts will interchange.

I think we're just going to have to wait until the specs are released, together with some pictures and then we'll be able to make a better judgement. I'm not sure what I think at the moment to tell you the truth.
Honda must have been developing both the NC and the new 500 at the same time, so surely they shoulsl have realised the 2 models would end up in competition with each other.

Last edited:
I am kind of interested in the NC750,hopefully it would be better in certain areas like suspension and seat,and maybe twin disc,s...although the 670cc engine has a mighty lot of torque abit more would be great..But I would not want the basic design fundamentals to change..like low revving and economical nature of the engine , and of course be cheap(or slightly less expensive)..A 750 is a capacity I have allways liked, Having owned a Norton 750 in the seventies..

I am kind of interested in the NC750,hopefully it would be better in certain areas like suspension and seat,and maybe twin disc,s...although the 670cc engine has a mighty lot of torque abit more would be great..But I would not want the basic design fundamentals to change..like low revving and economical nature of the engine , and of course be cheap(or slightly less expensive)..A 750 is a capacity I have allways liked, Having owned a Norton 750 in the seventies..

Would these be realistic in terms of a company selling to make a profit?
I seriously doubt they will improve on these because there are aftermarket parts if you really want.
:p

If you want these performance parts as standard, you can look at F800GS etc.
More pricey but at end of day, Cost of Initial Ownership (besides maintenance) is the same.

My only concern is keeping most of it the same so aftermarket keeps supporting us. If Honda starts upgrading things like unneeded second brake disk it will be too expensive for their target market.

I personally don't care that they are coming out with a 750. By the time it is out I will have modified mine to where I need it. I stepped down from a CBR1000RR. Obviously I'm not here for the power. I went to the dealer knowing I was going to get something to commute to work and I knew I was going to loose the raw power I was used to. I did not know it would be a NCX at the time but I am very satisfied with what I have. I intentionally bought this bike. I'll be honest; I don't even ride it on the weekends. Blasphemy, I know. After reading some of the threads I'm begining to get the urge. If my withdrawals get to strong I'll go buy a CBR again but I'm keeping the NCX for the work commute.

I am quite happy with my 670ccs. I have done several trips and find the power enough for me. And I can ride all day for $20. in the US , $30 in Canada.
I agree with this , Now days I prefer 400 miles of back roads over high mileage days on the interstates.

If it was truly "new concept", the new NC would be the NC650X and 620cc. Increasing the displacement is "old concept".

Greg

It could be just a name change. When BMW renamed their 650 thumper to a g650gs (from the F650gs) and named the 800cc Twin the F650gs, really confused people. Now one of their 800cc twin is called the F700gs (800 cc motor though), just to separate it from the old F650gs (thumper) and the F800gs (twin).

Since Honda made and introduced this bike for the tier system in Europe and South America(same tier system for the cb500 series), increase in HP could place it in an increased tier and loose potential customers.

It could be just a name change. When BMW renamed their 650 thumper to a g650gs (from the F650gs) and named the 800cc Twin the F650gs, really confused people. Now one of their 800cc twin is called the F700gs (800 cc motor though), just to separate it from the old F650gs (thumper) and the F800gs (twin).

Since Honda made and introduced this bike for the tier system in Europe and South America(same tier system for the cb500 series), increase in HP could place it in an increased tier and loose potential customers.

I'm not sure if this link has been posted but it elaborates on what you just said.

NC750 to replace NC700 in 2014 - Motorcycle news: New bikes - Visordown

I really hope they don't change it. This was the first brand new thing I've ever bought. I don't want parts, value, etc to become a problem.

I don't give a monkey dick what they come up with.
I'm happy with what I've got..good mpg,plenty fast enough for me and a good low down torque.
if I wanted a faster bike I'll just go and buy one plenty out there.
I'll be sticking with mine for quite a few years yet.

Wow, I am hitting ACE's on bikes that go out of production! In the garage right now, I have a 2009 Buell Blast, 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan EN500, 2012 Honda NC700X and a 2014 Honda CTX700D. Not to mention I have a 2005 Ural Retro and 2010 Vulcan 1700. LOL! I am going to corner the market I think. :D

Back