• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lowering Link

BitBrujo

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I couldn’t find the info I need. My question, if I wanted to lower an NC750x 2022 with just a lowering link by 20mm, do I need to lower the front by 20mm as well? Will lowering the rear only greatly alter the handling? For the worst?

Thanks.

Sorry if this has been discussed before. I couldn’t find the info I need. My question, if I wanted to lower an NC750x 2022 with just a lowering link by 20mm, do I need to lower the front by 20mm as well? Will lowering the rear only greatly alter the handling? For the worst?

Thanks.
If it was my project, I would lower both front and rear equally. (When I lowered my CRF250L, I lowered both ends). To answer your question about the handing alteration, you can lower the rear suspension and go for a ride. Then you’ll know if the handing is or isn’t to your liking.

..... do I need to lower the front by 20mm as well? Will lowering the rear only greatly alter the handling? For the worst?

Thanks.
I can share what I did. I'm 5'5", have a 29" inseam and my NC is a 2020. I lowered mine with 40mm Lust Racing dog bones and lowered the front by 25mm and it is great for me. The handling is better but I did spend a bunch of time adjusting the handlebar angles to make sure the counter steer was good and I didn't have to manhandle the bike to turn. Also I used the shorter side stand and center stand from the 2021+ model and it was a perfect fit and works with the new lowered stance. Good luck.

If it was my project, I would lower both front and rear equally. (When I lowered my CRF250L, I lowered both ends). To answer your question about the handing alteration, you can lower the rear suspension and go for a ride. Then you’ll know if the handing is or isn’t to your liking.
Good point. Got to try it out to make adjustments.

I can share what I did. I'm 5'5", have a 29" inseam and my NC is a 2020. I lowered mine with 40mm Lust Racing dog bones and lowered the front by 25mm and it is great for me. The handling is better but I did spend a bunch of time adjusting the handlebar angles to make sure the counter steer was good and I didn't have to manhandle the bike to turn. Also I used the shorter side stand and center stand from the 2021+ model and it was a perfect fit and works with the new lowered stance. Good luck.
Thanks for the helpful info. I wonder what the best side stand and center stand would be for a my shorter NC750 2021?

Thanks for the helpful info. I wonder what the best side stand and center stand would be for a my shorter NC750 2021?
Perhaps you can provide a fuller explanation of what NC you have and what you want to do (what is the current problem). It is hard to guess what is going on and provide any helpful ideas.
Even with my short legs I could ride my 2020, I was just on my toes. Now I am more on the balls of my feet, not flat footed. I did it for safety reasons during winds and wet conditions but rode mine stock for a year using the one foot down method.

Thread moved to NC750 Modifications forum.

Perhaps you can provide a fuller explanation of what NC you have and what you want to do (what is the current problem). It is hard to guess what is going on and provide any helpful ideas.
Even with my short legs I could ride my 2020, I was just on my toes. Now I am more on the balls of my feet, not flat footed. I did it for safety reasons during winds and wet conditions but rode mine stock for a year using the one foot down method

I’ve got an NC750x 2022 DCT. I’m on the tips of my toes. It would be nice to lower it at least an inch, which I’m going to do to the rear and then test the steering to see if I have to lower the front as well. I guess I’ll have to wait to see how the side stand pans out, if I have to swap it for a shorter one or not. Same with the center stand. If anyone has a recommendations for either stand for a lowered bike, I’m all ears.

I’ve got an NC750x 2022 DCT. I’m on the tips of my toes. ...... If anyone has a recommendations for either stand for a lowered bike, I’m all ears.
The standard advice is to use a "S" model or 2021+ sidestand but of course you already have that. You might have to have a welder cut your side stand if it is needed. Good luck and let us know how it all worked out.

Back