• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Lowering an NC750x - DCT

Rydinon

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying an NC750x-DCT. I know I will probably have to install lowering links (like I did on my VStrom). I recognize both the front and rear will have to be lowered in order to retain the original handling, and understand the changes that result from raising/lowering the rear and not doing the same to the front.

After searching and reading threads here about lowering, I looked at Lust's website and saw they sell links that allow you to lower the bike as much as 1.6". Will the front forks slide up in their clamps that much without causing problems?

I am not worried about side or center stands. On my VStrom, I ended up cutting and welding both to accommodate the lowering links. I've also seen suggestions to use a center stand from a different model.

Are there any downsides to lowering the bike? Obviously, it will affect cornering clearance when heeled over. I'm not an aggressive rider, but would hesitate to make a change in the bike that would compromise its handling. Would there be any difference between a 750x and a 750xDCT? I cannot imagine the auto shifting transmission would care about altitude.

If you buy a ‘21 - ‘24, they are made lower than the previous Xs. Suspension travel and ground clearance were reduced. Depends how low you want to go.

The practical limit on 2012-2020 NCs is about 20mm drop on the forks. Under braking the fender extender on my 2013 just barely rubs against the lower radiator stay.

Do you really need a lowering kit? I ride a 2022 NC750X DCT that I purchased used this past winter. At 5'-7" with a 29" inseam, I thought that the bike's seat height might be a bit too high. My first bike was a Rebel with a really low seat (27.2") and I could flat-foot it quite easily which was comforting for a new rider. (Note: I started riding a little over a year ago at age 71.) I've ridden 600 miles on the NC so far and have adapted to the higher seat height with no problem. Although I can't flat-foot it at stops, I still feel pretty balanced and secure on the balls of my feet. The low center of gravity of the bike is a real plus. Also, I wasn't sure of the DCT until I actually rode it...I love it!

Do you really need a lowering kit? At 5'-7" with a 29" inseam, I thought that the bike's seat height might be a bit too high.
I don't know. A buddy decided to sell his BMW f700GS and some years ago I told him if he decided to sell it, I would consider buying it. I test rode the bike, it is the L model with a factory lowering kit that makes changing the height expensive and difficult. As I said I'm on a VStrom (lowered) and the GS was a revelation. It is low enough that I can flat foot the bike, the handling was marvelous, power was great, cog is very low. Unfortunately, there were even more reasons why that was not the bike for me (it did look brand new) and after talking to @the Ferret and @dduelin I've decided to do my usual due diligence on the NC. I have yet to throw a leg over one. I may get the chance tomorrow and I will see how tall the bike is relative to my inseam.

Your height and inseam are what mine were, but I've lost some of that altitude. Lust Racing shows a link that will lower the bike 1.6", and I find it a bit hard to believe that is possible without compromising cornering clearance and handling. In any case, this is just research now on my part, gathering information.

Back