• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New to me NC750X

Lee Dodge

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I found a 2020 NC750X at a nearby dealer and brought it home. I took it for a first ride today and I am very impressed with it. I had sold my 2012 NC700X a couple years ago and really missed the DCT. I have to say it seems better in almost every way than the 700. The suspension seems a lot better, throttle response is better and the DCT seems more refined. I think it has a little lower vibration also. The things that have not changed for the better are the seat, the noise from the windshield, and the heavy throttle return spring. I did take the windshield off for now and have nice smooth quiet air past my helmet now. Thinking about getting a Madstad later this year when the weather starts getting colder again.

Lee Dodge,
Sorry, I just got to this thread. Since this is a 2020 we're talking about, and you purchased in the USA, can I assume it's an ALL BLACK model? I too have a 2020. And it USED to be ALL BLACK but things changed. Anyway, glad you're back in the game with your new to you '20 NC750X DCT. I think these bikes are outstanding for many aspects of riding. They may not be the rocket ship that some are used to or, not the best off road machine, but I've had a ton of fun everywhere and anywhere I've ridden mine. Good luck with yours.
Scott

Attachments

• 70207408943__791E6734-D706-4BCB-BEDF-BB9B9963389D.JPG
    70207408943__791E6734-D706-4BCB-BEDF-BB9B9963389D.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6902.JPG
    IMG_6902.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6946.JPG
    IMG_6946.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6955.JPG
    IMG_6955.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
Very nice. I really wanted a 2019 with the blue bodywork but with the rarity of NC's around here and the DCT models in particular I snapped up the 2020 within a day after it showed up on the dealers website. I may paint it blue someday but for now I'm just going to enjoy it as is.

Some guys like the all black thing now days. I'm just not one of them. I almost knew way in advance, even before we (the CEO and I) did a road trip from lake Havasu to San Diego to go see and test ride the NC, that I'd paint it if, IF we decided to buy it. And, just like you, when I found that the NC750X DCT was going to be my next bike, that one in San Diego was the only one in the western U.S. that happened along and was available. It had a mere 2,100 miles on it when we bought it.

I trucked it home and rode it for less than two weeks before I just couldn't take it anymore. Apart it came. The original decision for color was white. And I came darn close to that. But, at the last minute, I'd seen something that changed my mind. I'd done a bit of research and found out that Honda shipped only certain colors to different countries. In 2020, the shipped and only available color for the U.S. was BLACK! If you ordered one from the U.K., you got BLUE. If you ordered one from Canada, you got WHITE! I don't know about other countries but that's what I found about the '20's.

So, when I watched a YouTube video about one from the U.K., that changed my mind in a heartbeat. As it turns out, it appears the Blue that the British got, was very, very close to the blue that is on our 2015 Jeep Rubicon. Sooo, with all that being said, I had our local Napa Auto Parts store blend up the three-stage paint in Hydro Pearlcoat Blue. I shot the bike and while it was torn down for paint, I broke down the wheels and tires and removed all the bearings/discs and all that and buzzed the wheels over to a local powder coater and had them powder coated in the brightest Silver they had/have.

As it (my NC) sits now, the only thing that it needs is for me to yank the side fairings and paint them bright Silver, just like the U.K. versions have. Sooner or later, I'll get to that. I myself think that's the perfect color combo for the NC. Just my opinion.
Scott

This is what it's gonna look like someday!

Attachments

• 2016-NC750X-Glint-Blue-Wave-Metallic-1.png
    2016-NC750X-Glint-Blue-Wave-Metallic-1.png
    336.3 KB · Views: 11
Back