• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Coming back to a NC

Wilco

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I had a 17 plate 750X DCT a few years ago, and a very fine bike it was.

I then had a break from biking and on my return got a Speed Twin 900 to ease back into it.

I have the touring itch again and although I could do it on the little Triumph another NC is calling.

My question, which I am sure is answered in these forums somewhere, is is the post 21 bike a worthwhile upgrade on my old 17 model. I like the idea of the lower seat and a few less kgs. Did I read that the seat is a bit better. I remember putting a Shad on my previous NC. Are the Honda heated grips OK these days? I think my previous ones were not the best, but that might have been on an African Twin.

Anyway all thoughts would be much appreciated.

“Upgrade” could only be defined by you. I consider the 2021 and up models to be a downgrade. I would personally seek out a pre ‘21 model. But, that is me. What matters is what you like or dislike about the most recent model changes. Get familiar with the changes and determine if they are favorable for your needs.

Hi,
I had a 17 plate 750X DCT a few years ago, and a very fine bike it was.

I then had a break from biking and on my return got a Speed Twin 900 to ease back into it.

I have the touring itch again and although I could do it on the little Triumph another NC is calling.

My question, which I am sure is answered in these forums somewhere, is is the post 21 bike a worthwhile upgrade on my old 17 model. I like the idea of the lower seat and a few less kgs. Did I read that the seat is a bit better. I remember putting a Shad on my previous NC. Are the Honda heated grips OK these days? I think my previous ones were not the best, but that might have been on an African Twin.

Anyway all thoughts would be much appreciated.
I can’t find @the Ferret post from a while back where he laid out the changes to the 21 (USA) MY . It was pretty comprehensive. Agree that characterization of the changes as an upgrade is subjective. The 21 and later feels to small for me but agreed at the time that they were improvements over previous iterations.

A few ‘21 changes that I think I know and I hope I have correct:
There is less suspension travel.
The tank bag mounting slots are gone.
There is less color on the bike.
The instrument panel is different, more complex.
The fuel tank holds about 0.1 more US gallons.
The fairing mounting stay may be weaker, as some have reportedly broken with aftermarket windshields.
The battery has been moved to behind the frunk.
Throttle is by electric wire instead of mechanical cable.
”Ride modes” are available and selectable.
Revised gear ratios.

Shorter suspension
larger frunk
lighter weight
more power
revised trans ratios 1,2,3, shorter 4,5,6 taller
led lights all around
throttle by wire
battery moved to rear of frunk
4 ride modes
Different instrumentation
Updated body work
Showa Dual Bending Valve front fork
New windscreen
new seat

Thanks everyone.
I had a ride on one today, yes it is certainly a lot better than my old one. I am going to try the Tiger and Tracer before deciding.

Back