• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

LS2 Serra Evo Ladies Jacket Review

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
LS2 Serra Evo Ladies Jacket Review Summary
Review Summary
The LS2 Serra Evo Ladies Jacket is an all-purpose jacket ready to take you from the daily commute to a long tour. Suitable for most weather conditions, it is waterproof, breathable and well-fitted.
Build Quality
Comfort
Waterproof
Ventilation
Protection
Value
Pros
Completely waterproof even withstand a hailstorm
All-weather protection all in one layer
CE Certified shoulder and elbow armour
Included removable thermal liner for colder rides
Flattering shape for ladies
Cons
Not for very hot weather
The back protector is sold separately
LS2 Serra Evo Ladies Jacket Image Gallery

magnetic fastening at the bottom of the zippersmagnetic fastening at the bottom of the zippers

Interior flat pocket for smartphoneInterior flat pocket for smartphone
Smartphone pocket on the thermal linerSmartphone pocket on the thermal liner
Full-length sleeve thermal linerFull-length sleeve thermal liner
Front view of the LS2 Serra Evo JacketFront view of the LS2 Serra Evo Jacket
LS2 branding on the shoulderLS2 branding on the shoulder

Rear view of the LS2 Serra Evo JacketRear view of the LS2 Serra Evo Jacket

Velcro straps and reflective branding on the lower back of the jacketVelcro straps and reflective branding on the lower back of the jacket

Interior napoleon pocketInterior napoleon pocket

Washing the LS2 Serra Evo jacket with a hoseWashing the LS2 Serra Evo jacket with a hose
Front view of a dusty LS2 Serra Evo JacketFront view of a dusty LS2 Serra Evo Jacket

Rider wearing LS2 Explorer Carbon Helmet and Serra Evo jacketRider wearing LS2 Explorer Carbon Helmet and Serra Evo jacket

Rider on offroad enduro motorcycleRider on offroad enduro motorcycle

Long side shot of LS2 Serra Evo Ladies JacketLong side shot of LS2 Serra Evo Ladies Jacket
Side view of the LS2 Serra Evo JacketSide view of the LS2 Serra Evo Jacket

Review Summary:

• The LS2 Serra Evo Ladies jacket is well fitted to a woman’s shape and suitable for a variety of motorcycling rides.
  • It is a well-rounded motorcycle jacket for ladies for most seasons with good protection, including a full-length sleeve thermal liner to keep you warm in the colder days.
  • True to its waterproof capabilities, the jacket will keep your underlayers dry in downpours and hailstorms.
  • It comes with CE1 shoulder and elbow protectors. A back protector is optional.

Long side shot of LS2 Serra Evo Ladies JacketLong side shot of LS2 Serra Evo Ladies Jacket

I have just returned from another trip to Norway and this time I had a different style of riding to do. I knew there will be plenty of off-roading to do and wanted a jacket that will be suitable for any weather without having to stop to adjust anything. LS2 Serra Evo Jacket fitted the requirement. It is waterproof and breathable with vents for warmer days. It also comes with a thermal lining but I was hoping that won’t be necessary (it wasn’t).

What I really like about the jacket is the flattering fit for a lady. With several adjustments available, it really follows the body shape beautifully for a look that is safe and attractive.

About LS2

LS2 started in a small rural workshop in China in 1990 that expanded into one of the world’s largest helmet manufacturers. Originally building helmets for other brands, they decided in 2007 to stop white labelling production and grow their own brand.

A head office was opened in Barcelona, Spain and the brand went on to become one of the world’s leading players. In its first decade, LS2 has become a genuine brand in its own right and is establishing a reputation for quality at reasonable pricing.

LS2 Serra Evo Ladies Jacket

The LS2 Serra Evo Lady Jacket has several features that make it more premium than its price tag.

Key features include:

• Detachable thermal lining to layer up on cold days
  • Waterproof and breathable outer layer
  • CE-Certified shoulder and elbow armour
  • A connecting zipper to trousers to keep the wind and rain out
  • Plenty of pockets
  • Adjustments to upper and lower arms for a better fit and less wind buffering
  • Ventilations in the chest and back area

First Impressions

Initially, the jacket didn’t make a notable impression on me when I took it out of its packaging. The feel of the material felt familiar, I have other jackets like this. Just another black jacket, nothing special. It is a shame the back protector doesn’t come with the jacket and I had to fish for one in my wardrobe to find a good fit for the back protector pocket.

Luckily this all changed as soon as I tried the jacket. Not only it’s a great fit for a lady, it is also very comfortable. I was keen to go for a ride to give it a proper test and it didn’t disappoint. There is plenty of give to move freely on the bike, whether I used it on an adventure bike, a sports bike and the off-roader.

Rider on offroad enduro motorcycleRider on offroad enduro motorcycle

Construction

The jacket contains a fixed, breathable and waterproof lining and a fixed mesh lining. The outer layer of fabric has strong resistance to abrasion, it is tear resistant and feels soft to the hand ensuring wearable comfort.

The outer layer is 100% Polyester while the interior is made out of 100% Polyester mesh liner to ensure its breathability.

The collar features a soft lining and neoprene edge to minimize chafing and for added comfort. There is a velcro strap at the front to secure the collar in place.

The jacket has four pockets plus one in the thermal liner.

• The exterior holds two zippered slash pockets.
  • The interior has one Napoleon pocket on the left hand side together with a flat pocket on the inside.

Interior napoleon pocketInterior napoleon pocket

Interior flat pocket for smartphoneInterior flat pocket for smartphone

For visibility, the jacket incorporates several pops of reflectivity:

• The piping at the front of the jacket
  • Branding on the zip flap at the front of the jacket together with two stripes on the chest
  • Branding on the shoulders together with a stripe on the upper arm
  • The branding on the back at the nape of the neck
  • ‘Always Ahead’ slogan on the bottom of the back together with a reflective stripe.

The reflective bands are very subtle in the daylight, they just look like a light grey detail.

There are several places on the jacket with the brand name but they are done in a very subtle way which makes the jacket look good.

Velcro straps and reflective branding on the lower back of the jacketVelcro straps and reflective branding on the lower back of the jacket

On the back of the jacket, there is LS2 at the nape of the neck and their slogan ‘Always Ahead’ on the lower back. The velcro straps at the hip have a subtle LS2 embossing.

LS2 branding on the shoulderLS2 branding on the shoulder

On the front of the jacket there is the LS2 logo on the flap at the top of the zip and one on each shoulder.

All of the zippers are YKK, with the main zippers having convenient glove-friendly pull tabs. The ventilation zippers at the front and the back have the same glove-friendly pull tabs. This is very handy to be able to open/close the vents on the go.

Additionally, the jacket has a magnetic fastening at the bottom of the zip to keep it securely covered up and protected from the rain.

magnetic fastening at the bottom of the zippersmagnetic fastening at the bottom of the zippers

Sizing and Comfort

The jacket fits really well with my body shape. Size Large means I can zip it up comfortably and it is big enough around the chest area not to squeeze tight and tailored well around the waist area to follow the curves of my body and not hang loose.

The jacket comes in sizes from XS to 5XL.

Wearing the jacket is very comfortable from the start and it gets even more comfortable after a few wears. The sleeves are long to cover the gloves if you like to wear them under the cuff and the back of the jacket is long enough to stop the wind from coming up the back and inside the jacket.

Despite the two vents at the front and two on the back, this isn’t the jacket to wear on a very hot day. It does the job perfectly in most weather situations, it kept me dry in a big downpour and protected me well in a hailstorm.

Adjustability Features To Customize Your Fit​

The LS2 Serra Evo Lady Jacket has a few adjustabilities to help you tailor the jacket for the perfect fit:

• Two-position popper snaps at the lower arm
  • A velcro strap at the biceps
  • A velcro strap around the neck
  • Adjustable velcro cuff at the wrists
  • Adjustable velcro straps on either side at the waist

Functionality

It’s Waterproof But Lacks Ventilation​

The LS2 Serra Evo Lady jacket is fully waterproof thanks to its integrated waterproof lining that is also breathable to stop that ‘boil in the bag’ feeling.

I have used the jacket for a couple of months and as it was late spring we were lucky to see plenty of sunshine. On the few occasions I rode in the rain, the jacket did get a good test. The rain was a downpour and on one occasion I rode through a hailstorm. I was delighted to note that the jacket is indeed, waterproof as none of my layers underneath were wet.

The LS2 Serra Evo Lady jacket has two vents at the front and two at the back of the jacket. They make a big difference but aren’t enough on a very hot, sunny day.

The jacket is great for ¾ of the year with the removable thermal lining but it doesn’t have much of a cooling factor for very hot days.

Front view of the LS2 Serra Evo JacketFront view of the LS2 Serra Evo Jacket

Rear view of the LS2 Serra Evo JacketRear view of the LS2 Serra Evo Jacket

CE1 Protection With Optional Back Protector​

The LS2 Serra Evo Lady Jacket comes with shoulder and elbow armour that are compliant with EN 1621-1:2021 Level 1. They are CE certified and fitted securely to withstand a potential impact.

It does not come with a back protector but it does have a pocket to house one.

The outer fabric is 600D 92T Polyester which has strong resistance for abrasion and it is tear resistant.

Side view of the LS2 Serra Evo JacketSide view of the LS2 Serra Evo Jacket

It’s Easy To Clean!​

Always store your jacket in a dry, ventilated area away from sources of extreme heat or cold.

Remove all protectors before washing and when you put them back, ensure they are the right way around.

Remove dirt with a damp cloth and do not use running water, solvents or other chemicals on the protectors.

Having ridden some dusty gravel roads, the jacket was very dirty and covered in dust. Despite the instructions not recommending the use of running water, I have used a hosepipe on a ‘shower’ setting and rinsed off the dust. The jacket was hung on a line and dried by the next day, looking like new again.

Front view of a dusty LS2 Serra Evo JacketFront view of a dusty LS2 Serra Evo Jacket

Washing the LS2 Serra Evo jacket with a hoseWashing the LS2 Serra Evo jacket with a hose

The Thermal Liner Will Keep You Warm​

The LS2 Serra Evo Lady jacket comes with a full-length sleeve thermal liner to keep you warm in the colder days. It attaches to the outer shell with an all-around zipper, a pair of loops in the waist area and two loops on each of the sleeves. The middle section of the back in the liners features a softer padded strip of material.

The liner has an opening to access the jacket’s internal pocket as well as a waterproof pocket on the right hand side with a secure velcro fastening.

Full-length sleeve thermal linerFull-length sleeve thermal liner

Smartphone pocket on the thermal linerSmartphone pocket on the thermal liner

Conclusion

Having worn the jacket for a couple of months on different trips, I am pleasantly surprised as it is a far more premium jacket than its price tag suggests. It is comfortable, well-fitting and definitely waterproof.

I have used it on a 6-day tour on and off road, where the weather was warm and sunny but we rode in the mountains with snow still on the ground. When the temperatures dropped all I had to do was close the vents at the front and kept riding. The same when we were rained upon, I didn’t have to stop. I did wear a backpack which covered the vents on the back so that wasn’t an issue.

I have ridden an adventure bike, an off-road bike and a sports bike in this jacket and it was comfortable and looked good on all of them. It is marketed as a sports jacket but I really is very versatile and suitable for more than a single riding style.

Pros​

• Completely waterproof even in the worst of downpours
  • All-weather protection
  • Included thermal liner for colder rides
  • Flattering shape for ladies

Cons​

• Not for very hot weather
  • The back protector isn’t included in the purchase price

Specs​

• Manufacturer: LS2
  • Price: (When Tested): £150
  • Made In: China
  • Colors: Black and grey
  • Sizes: XL – 5XL
  • Review Period: May and June 2023

Important Links / Where To Buy​

• Manufacturer: LS2

The post LS2 Serra Evo Ladies Jacket Review appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Back