• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Man of Steel

Jimmy_Pop

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm a huge nerd, and I've been looking forward to this movie for a LONG time. Is anyone else excited about this movie?

Yes I am....

But they usually disappoint....no one can be Superman except Christopher Reeves. Absolutely scandalous if you asked me.
:p

How can you top this?

christopher-reeve-superman.jpg

Go check it out big Joe. I'm curious to see how you like it. I liked it more than Superman The Movie, and that has been one of my top 3 comic book movies ever.

Yes, this is all OFF topic... but no one will be damaged by the bits we waste...

looking forward to seeing it. Is this the same superman who renounced his US citizenship? ... hmm... bet Marvel/Disney will leave that out of the story even if the comic book guys put it in. I should research and find out if the comic book ever fixed that stylistic blunder.

I'm not sure if its the same superman. But honestly, I'm getting tired of all these super hero movie remakes. It's like Marvel/ Disney / Stan Lee decided that they found an unlimited cash cow and is now exploited it to no ends. It's getting ridiculous, I'm getting tired of super hero movie! LOL

I'm not sure if its the same superman. But honestly, I'm getting tired of all these super hero movie remakes. It's like Marvel/ Disney / Stan Lee decided that they found an unlimited cash cow and is now exploited it to no ends. It's getting ridiculous, I'm getting tired of super hero movie! LOL

What would be your cup of tea then? Driving miss Daisy?
Or some ingenious plan to rob some banks or mafia with cars and bikes witty lots of bang bang bang when they are so ridiculously impossible in real life?

i think the Comic character movies rock big time. At least they give us a realm of fantasy which they do not need to apologize for.
:p
i also love Star Wars, but not looking forward to the Mickey Mouse version in episode 7.

Going to go see it this friday, for free! :D Saw Star Trek a while back in Imax 3D (was a bit disappointed in that one) and there was some technical snaafu, making the start of the movie about 10 minutes late. Everyone got free vouchers for another movie because of that. :cool:

Imma sucker for cartoons/super hero movies. :rolleyes:

No wife or kids, so I'm the juvenile of the household, lol

Yes, this is all OFF topic... but no one will be damaged by the bits we waste...

looking forward to seeing it. Is this the same superman who renounced his US citizenship? ... hmm... bet Marvel/Disney will leave that out of the story even if the comic book guys put it in. I should research and find out if the comic book ever fixed that stylistic blunder.

It is not, he is very much an American. In the movie, a general asked Superman "how can we trust you?" and he matter of factly says "I grew up in Kansas!"

That was a dumb storyline for the comic, with the New 52, basically a reboot for the whole DC Universe, they have washed that storyline away.

I doubt marvel or Stan Lee had anything to do with the new superman flik, superman is a DC comics character.

I'm a big fan of most of the comic book movies, except thor. That one sucked. And I'm looking forward to the marvel tv series this fall.

Though if someone ever decides to make a 3D Flash movie, they better provide lots of puke bags...

I'm not a huge super hero movie buff or comic book guy by any means. We all know that Superman came from Krypton (not sure on spelling) and spiderman got bit by a spider. Why do we have to see all this back story every time we see a movie. Can't we be in agreement that we all know how they got their powers?

I think the Incredibles was my favorite super hero movie. Off topic, just a bit, since the subject has steel in the thread line, has anyone seen Real Steel? I'm a fan of mma and thoroughly enjoyed this flick. Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread.

I think the Incredibles was my favorite super hero movie. Off topic, just a bit, since the subject has steel in the thread line, has anyone seen Real Steel? I'm a fan of mma and thoroughly enjoyed this flick. Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread.

Yep, saw that a while back and liked it, though I can't say I'm much of an mma fan. I'm more of a Hugh Jackman fan, dude plays a great wolverine, and I found Van Helsing very entertaining.

Back