• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Manual and all... and I still managed to screw up...

NCer

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd like to think that I am the only one who didn't pay close enough attention... but somehow I think I am not :)
I've ordered and received the Pilot 4 tires (look really nice. Expect good ride out of them. My stock rear was shout in 5000+ miles. I always change tires all around though)

To save some money, I take my MC tires to be mounted and balanced by a local auto tire shop. The owner is a GW rider too.
They charge me $25 a tire mounted and balanced.

So, I take off the wheels, remove the brake disks, ABS rings, sprocket, counterbalance weights, etc,... etc,... Maybe an overkill, but makes me feel better that way.

Anyway, during the reassembly of the rear tire, I had ERRONEOUSLY mounter the ABS ring ON TOP of the brake disk. The picture in the manual is hard to decipher... :)
So, my wheel does not go back in.

After 1 hour of heavy cussing, looking and re-looking at the manual I FINALLY discovered the culprit. Phew!!!! Easy after that :)

Pay attention there, folks!

Back