• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Manually changing down on DCT

actually, many cars with automatics do have "manual mode" by moving the shifter to the left or right away from "D," and then moving through the gears manually by toggling the gear shift or using paddles (if so equipped). This, to me, is "clutchless" manual shifting. I ride my 2015 DCT in "manual" 90% of the time, using the paddles or my installed foot shifter to manually change gears. I like the control and really like "clutchless" manual shifting -- this is especially true in the twisties of the mountains. I use engine braking a LOT in those situations, and don't care for the DCT shifting in the middle of a curve. I typically only use automatic on the highway.

Different strokes ...
I have to agree with Greg C on this. In fact after riding my '22 for some 5500 miles and reading many, many reviews, It is clear to me that the Honda DCT is the most misunderstood piece of engineering excellence I have seen on any piece of ICE transport since Overdrive was first installed in cars decades ago. The way I see DCT is that it is the most versatile of transmissions allowing the user to adapt their riding on any given day and at any given time to the mood they are in and the conditions they are experiencing. For example, some days I'm feeling frisky and shift into manual and my user mode with my preference for max power and engine breaking but reasonable torque control. This I find best for exploring single lane country roads. In town I find sport mode in auto the best, which might sound contradictory, but I find it shifts less in sport and in traffic, will stick in third gear and below, which is fine for me. On the highway I'm in auto standard or my user mode and if I want to do a quick overtake, I can simply shift down with the thumb while still in auto and zip past as necessary, knowing it will shift back up again when I'm done. The point here is that it can be all things to all people all the time in all conditions. I don't ride in the rain so have never used the rain mode, but I bet many Europeans do all the time, probably in Seattle too. So here you have a transmission which lends itself to adapting to each owner individually on different roads and in differnt conditions. What's not to like about that?! And yes, Honda automatic cars do have paddle shifters in exactly the same way as the NC750, the only difference being that most (but not all) Honda cars don't have DCT, they have CVT transmissions, which are a whole different thing and something I'm not so keen on as I am the DCT. I found it took many months and many miles to discover the huge variations of riding the DCT can provide for both beginner and expert riders. Show me a traditional clutch and gear shifter bike that can do as much. Finally as a P.S. I understand the new Africa Twin now has the DCT linked to lean angle sensors that prevent downshift when cornering in auto mode, something that hopefully will be adopted in all Honda DCT models as I agree, shifting on a curve when you don't want it is by definition undesireable. Simply put it in manual and play.

actually, many cars with automatics do have "manual mode" by moving the shifter to the left or right away from "D," and then moving through the gears manually by toggling the gear shift or using paddles (if so equipped). This, to me, is "clutchless" manual shifting. I ride my 2015 DCT in "manual" 90% of the time, using the paddles or my installed foot shifter to manually change gears. I like the control and really like "clutchless" manual shifting -- this is especially true in the twisties of the mountains. I use engine braking a LOT in those situations, and don't care for the DCT shifting in the middle of a curve. I typically only use automatic on the highway.

Different strokes ...
nedver seen one over here. so it must be the yanky thing.

Different strokes ...
Exactly , and my left hand can't operate the paddle shifter ( or a clutch , which is why I bought the DCT ) , so I'm thankful that Honda offered the footshift kit, which I've installed on both of my DCT's along with good shocks ( Penske and Cogent ) and good tires and fork springs and preload adjustable fork caps

put it in sport mode.
why Honda has manual shift on a DCT ,I just don't get it.they don't do it on cars.
its an auto so leave it auto.
if you don't like DCT buy a manual
You are confused, I love the DCT.
Manual shifting on the DCT has many advantages.

I'm intrigued as to the whereabouts of this secret compartment to store the owners manual. I have a '22 model and can see no such compartment at the bottom of the frunk. Would you have a picture of this compartment, perhaps with your finger pointing at it. All I have is the screwed down plates. Nothing which pops up with the press of a finger on a center line. Is this a new feature on the '23 model? A photo of the bottom of my '22 frunck is below for reference.
View attachment 52400

Back