• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Maryland area riders - favorite ride to eat (dessert)?

Chestnut

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm currently residing near Hagerstown and I've decided that my Mother's Day present should be a ride. I already see that aside from interstates and heavy traffic areas, every road is a good motorcycle road. But what's a good motorcycle road that leads to a restaurant known for its baked goods? It's a bit far to the Julian Pie company. My original plan was to go down Skyline drive to the lodge there and fill my belly with some sort of blackberry goodness, but they don't open until the 13th. And there's tunnel work closing part of Skyline drive anyway, so I need some new ideas. Anyone?

Riding to Eat Dessert will provide honorary membership into the Gold Wing Restaurant Raiders Assn. :)

"211 Main St." is a Mennonite restaurant in Lavonia, Georgia that has some of the best desserts around. I've made that trip a few times. You have to be careful though, they are only open for supper on Friday nights. They're open for lunch every other day but Sunday. Anyway, jump on I-95 until you get to I-85. Take that to Lavonia (exit 173). Turn right and go into town. Turn left at the light beside the pawn shop and go around to the other side of the building. 211 faces the railroad tracks. If you get lost, just ask anyone there and they'll be able to tell you. Oh yeah, if you stay until Saturday, you can eat at the Gumlog BBQ and Fish Lodge. I've never been able to fit dessert there, so I don't know how it is.

I don't know how far away Julian Pie Company is from you, but 211 is only about 9 hours or so. Well worth the trip. Holler if you're coming down. I may be able to convince the wife that we need to meet you up there.:D

"211 Main St." is a Mennonite restaurant in Lavonia, Georgia that has some of the best desserts around. I've made that trip a few times. You have to be careful though, they are only open for supper on Friday nights. They're open for lunch every other day but Sunday. Anyway, jump on I-95 until you get to I-85. Take that to Lavonia (exit 173). Turn right and go into town. Turn left at the light beside the pawn shop and go around to the other side of the building. 211 faces the railroad tracks. If you get lost, just ask anyone there and they'll be able to tell you. Oh yeah, if you stay until Saturday, you can eat at the Gumlog BBQ and Fish Lodge. I've never been able to fit dessert there, so I don't know how it is.

I don't know how far away Julian Pie Company is from you, but 211 is only about 9 hours or so. Well worth the trip. Holler if you're coming down. I may be able to convince the wife that we need to meet you up there.:D

:(
Well, it's closer than Julian (a little over 2500 miles), but not something I can get away with this weekend. Hubby will have to tote the Tiny Human in the car if I'm gone for more than about 4 hours, and an 18 hour round trip is asking a bit much of both of them I expect. I do still have to get down to Georgia sometime, and I'll be sure to let you know if/when I do.

Hagerstown? Get on 11 south to Rt. 9 west. Take 9 west to about a block before 522. You'll be in Berkeley Springs, WV at a little ice cream/coffee/sandwich shop called the Cottage Cafe. They have good every thing. Plus, the ride down Rt. 9 is a very nice scenic ride with a fair amount of curves. I was just there with my S/O. Edit: Forgot to mention, they make their own pastries there! Owners name is Mark. Edit #2: Just checked maps. You would take 901 to Hedgesville, WV where you'll pick up Rt. 9.
10632840_840348039352460_7349520738433193911_n.jpg11209751_840347986019132_6217340107689808480_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hagerstown? Get on 11 south to Rt. 9 west. Take 9 west to about a block before 522. You'll be in Berkeley Springs, WV at a little ice cream/coffee/sandwich shop called the Cottage Cafe. They have good every thing. Plus, the ride down Rt. 9 is a very nice scenic ride with a fair amount of curves. I was just there with my S/O. Edit: Forgot to mention, they make their own pastries there! Owners name is Mark. Edit #2: Just checked maps. You would take 901 to Hedgesville, WV where you'll pick up Rt. 9.
View attachment 24009View attachment 24010
Isn't that where we had lunch? Good recommendation.

Mapping now...thanks!

Back