• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Maybe I Just Have Bad Luck With Drive Chains

now i don't feel bad about cleaning my chain as much.
Sounds like people are over cleaning or harsh on the chain with the brushes.
I will not use the grunge brush. Just use the cleaner, then light oil and then wax chain oil (maxima products).

Learned a lot here. Like others I thought I knew the proper cleaning methods. Will keep it simple :)

If my replacement chain's clip safety wire gets loose, is that indicative of its rubber o-rings breaking down and needing to be replaced? Is it a good idea to replace the old safety wire with new? Chain only has a couple of thousand of miles on it.

If my replacement chain's clip safety wire gets loose, is that indicative of its rubber o-rings breaking down and needing to be replaced? Is it a good idea to replace the old safety wire with new? Chain only has a couple of thousand of miles on it.

With such a new chain, I would more so suspect a possibly not so perfect safety wiring job or maybe a poorer quality material used, versus a chain problem, myself. Did you do the wiring or have someone else do it? Are you/they well versed in correct safety wire technique, and used a good quality type of s.s. wire?

Can you spy any other links with o-ring problems or suspicious wear or anything? Have you been cleaning the chain a wee bit too aggressively with a brush or chemical cleaner?

Any pictures? We love pictures. :D

I inflicted it upon myself. It was Harbour Freight Safety wire, & it was snug. I pretty much , just spray it with Chain Wax in the gold can every other fill up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back