• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

good place to buy

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
Needing to get some stuff in stock, as I will be needing some of it pretty soon. I'm guessing. I'm just over 22,000 miles now on original chain and brake pads. My Angel GT's are at 7,000 miles and the back will go maybe another thousand which is less than a month.

Where is a good place to buy? (of course I will try my local dealer but want to have some comparison prices). Some places you have personal experience with.

DID 520VX3 x 114 links w/clip master link
Front brake pads 06455 MGS-D32
Rear brake pads 06435-MGS-D32
Shinko Raven 009 tires 120/70 ZR 17 and 160/60 ZR 17 (you guys have talked me into giving them a try)

For the chain I usually wait for a deal on eBay, watching chains with links 114-120. Often I find a longer chain cheaper than the size I actually need, so I buy it and take off the extra links. That would require a chain breaker tool, which you may as well have to get the OEM chain off easily. I think Honda’s part number for the NC OEM chain is a standardized 120 link chain.

For the OEM brake parts I wait until I need enough to qualify for free shipping at the various OEM parts houses, and I shop by price. Lately the best OEM Honda part prices have been at rockymountainatvmc.com.

For the tires, the low prices and great service are awesome at americanmototire.com. They operate out of Arizona, but tires are shipped from regional warehouses. I have on occasion had tires on my front doorstep 36-48 hours after placing the order. Sometimes the tire you want is out of stock, but they can notify you when it comes available.

My local dealer is a joke and I have no incentive to keep them in business.

The Raven set for the NC is in stock at americanmototire.com. The set will cost about $197. There is free shipping (to USA destinations) and I don’t think they collect state sales taxes.

My local dealer matches online prices and if I don't need the part overnight it's ordered on a nearly daily parts order so the shipping is covered and I get the part in 3 - 4 days. I've tried to build a good relationship with this dealer over many years because I get more in return than the few pennies I could save ordering OEM from a faceless web site. Both techs have 20 plus years experience and give me time whenever I have a question or need help with something. Lent me tools, etc., and use of the Honda diagnostic computer. I realize not all dealers are like this. I shop tires between Rocky Mountain ATV, Motosport and Cycle Gear. The last few chains DID VX2 or VX3 chains I bought from Amazon.

Yes I have an excellent rapport with my dealer, but he does tend to jack prices sometimes, and it comes in handy to have competitive pricing available when I go in to order. He won't match online prices. I may ask about a chain, and the parts guy will say $180. I say I can order it myself for $125 and he'll say, I can do $150 and I say ok, order it. I dont mind paying a little more to keep him in business, but I don't have unlimited money to burn, therefore must watch what I spend somewhat. Wish he would match online prices lol.

Yes I have an excellent rapport with my dealer, but he does tend to jack prices sometimes, and it comes in handy to have competitive pricing available when I go in to order. He won't match online prices. I may ask about a chain, and the parts guy will say $180. I say I can order it myself for $125 and he'll say, I can do $150 and I say ok, order it. I dont mind paying a little more to keep him in business, but I don't have unlimited money to burn, therefore must watch what I spend somewhat. Wish he would match online prices lol.
The last chain I bought ( August 2021 ) was $81. The same chain today is $86.

If you’re looking for competitive pricing on-line, $79.51 (includes shipping) is the best price I found today on a quick search for a DID 520 VX3 Natural 114 link chain w/clip link. Chaparralmotosports through eBay.

See, using 670cc's quote I can get a chain and a set of tires for about $280. I'm guessing my dealer is going to say those are worth $360. I'll find out this afternoon. I'm guessing he'll say $120 on the brakes. So close to $500 for the whole shooting match.

See, using 670cc's quote I can get a chain and a set of tires for about $280. I'm guessing my dealer is going to say those are worth $360. I'll find out this afternoon. I'm guessing he'll say $120 on the brakes. So close to $500 for the whole shooting match.
In my shopping, the brake pad sets for a ’21 NCX would be about $95 on-line, free shipping.

I’m curious to know the dealer’s quote on the tires/chain/pads. Please post a follow up after your interaction with the dealer.

If you’re looking for competitive pricing on-line, $79.51 (includes shipping) is the best price I found today on a quick search for a DID 520 VX3 Natural 114 link chain w/clip link. Chaparralmotosports through eBay.
I got the same chain in Canada for basically the same price. Saved myself close to $20 by getting a chain with 120 links instead of 114, which was out of stock.

Prices from my local dealer ...how close was I on mu guessing? lol

F Tire $ 113
R Tire $ 154
Chain $120

F pads $60
R Pads $57

Total $504

I will get a discount off these prices but that is what a walk in would be charged

Prices from my local dealer ...how close was I on mu guessing? lol

F Tire $ 113
R Tire $ 154
Chain $120

F pads $60
R Pads $57

Total $504

I will get a discount off these prices but that is what a walk in would be charged
So, about $372 online vs $504 local.

I was thinking about this. Some people feel obligated to give the business to the local store to help them stay in business. I would much rather shop at the on-line store that gives me good prices, because I want them to stay in business. So, if a person wanted to support both and didn’t mind spending more, he/she could buy the parts on-line, to keep those guys in business, then donate the difference to the local store, to to keep them in business. Your cost is the same as if you gave all the business to the local store, but that way everybody wins.

So, about $372 online vs $504 local.

I was thinking about this. Some people feel obligated to give the business to the local store to help them stay in business. I would much rather shop at the on-line store that gives me good prices, because I want them to stay in business. So, if a person wanted to support both and didn’t mind spending more, he/she could buy the parts on-line, to keep those guys in business, then donate the difference to the local store, to to keep them in business. Your cost is the same as if you gave all the business to the local store, but that way everybody wins.
There are relationships that mix business with the personal. If one works hard at keeping business relationships local and then pay little to nothing more than the faceless online experience and get personal service in the bargain that is by far more the better deal for me and for my neighbors. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
Another thing to think about, for me is, I don't change my own tires and the shop would charge me an additional $60 to mount 2 tires bought someplace else.

Another thing to think about, for me is, I don't change my own tires and the shop would charge me an additional $60 to mount 2 tires bought someplace else.
Yes, that adds a lot of cost. I’m blessed to have a couple of riding friends nearby that can do it for me and the last set of Michelins from Cycle Gear came with free mounting plus Michelin was offering a rebate on them that would’ve covered mounting if CG didn’t.

Since you require the tire mounting service, add $60 to the online parts price and you’re at around $432. That’s your best price and good for everyone. The online businesses make sales, your dealer gets some service business, and you pay the lowest overall price.

I have been buying a lot from Chaparral recently. Not on purpose, they've just been the cheapest on identical parts, of course I do all the work myself though. They have even better prices on their eBay and Amazon stores amazingly.

Needing to get some stuff in stock, as I will be needing some of it pretty soon. I'm guessing. I'm just over 22,000 miles now on original chain and brake pads. My Angel GT's are at 7,000 miles and the back will go maybe another thousand which is less
Back to the original post, are you near the wear indicators on your brake pads? I’m just curious as my original pads lasted 50,000 miles until they wore to the indicators. Pad life would depend, of course,on riding style.

Back