• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Michelin Anakee's

I saw the write up in Rider. Would love to try a pair if they decide to make them in our sizes...but I doubt they will. We have street sized rims.

The only knock on them that I have hear so far is they are loud when one gets up to highway speeds.

I was looking at them as well.

I am considering the Continental TKC 70 and the Shinko 705 if they are to had in NC tires sizes.

I want a 70/30 if possible with good wet weather adhesion.

Am I asking too much???

God bless!!

Michael

I've had Anakee 3's on my GS and they sing like crazy with a bit of wear. TKC's are much better in every regard except for rear tire mileage. For LD dirting an NC, I would think a TKC in 120/70 on the front with something less severe on the rear would be the cat's whiskers. I ran a TKC/K60 pairing on my NC and I liked the TKC but did not like the K60 for traction on wet asphalt. In fact, I busted my tail on a wet ferry ramp with them.

TKC's front and rear work very well, but you will pay the tire man with regularity and vigor.

Last edited:
They will have the Wild in the size to fit our rear as that is very popular size but I doubt they will make it for the front. TKC80 does good enough on the front but I would like to try the Wild on the rear. Do have to say I've been happy with my Mitas E07 on the rear.

They will have the Wild in the size to fit our rear as that is very popular size but I doubt they will make it for the front. TKC80 does good enough on the front but I would like to try the Wild on the rear. Do have to say I've been happy with my Mitas E07 on the rear.
Considering there are more outlets for Mitas these days, there's no reason for them to continue to be a secret for the NCer who wants better gravel and off-road added to good wear and on-pavement performance.

Back