• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mid Life Crisis in Maryland

I'm 54 and have been riding almost every day for the past 9 years and have been wanting to switch to the adventure-style of bike for a while. The past few years my commute has become very bad, dealing with West L.A. streets and the 405 in rush hours. Makes me kind of miss the few years when I was working first shift (4AM-1PM) and didn't have to do the battle that I have to go through 5 days a week. Riding a Ninja 650 sportbike, I was becoming a bit aggressive, taking chances and the new NC700DCT just seems so much more relaxed. Not having to hold the clutch in for a minute at a signal while waiting for the cager in front of me to commit to his left hand turn is so nice!
I'm looking forward to taking trips and being able to enjoy the ride and not have to worry about my shifting, which I pretty much sucked at anyway! I started on scooters way back in the mid-1980's, so maybe I'm just not meant to use a clutch!

Thank You! Exactly the kind of encouragement and rider experience I was hoping to receive.

I have no idea how much I have spent on farkles and it is probably better I don't know.
One rider here has a spreadsheet.

This thread is worth following. this guy has gone through many motorcycles and is now prepping a new NC750X. I love the color scheme. What he does will be well thought out.
You will probably need to join the ADV forum, but its worth it. You can follow lots of folks through adventures big and small.

Tewster2's 2018 NC750X Build | Adventure Rider

Hey, don't worry about what Griff said. When ever I take off for a one or two week ride my wife kisses me in the garage and shoves a wad of bills in my hand and tells me to take an extra week.
What's up with that?

I was looking in the VA/MD/WV area for a leftover 16-17 DCT. Nada. 750x here I come.

I would make a new seat the number one Farkle. Number two would be Center stand for chain maintenance. Number 3 would be Auto chain oiler. Number four would be a top box and some bags. Number five Honda tall windshield or aftermarket. Number 6 for Pure Aesthetics would be an aftermarket Muffler either a danmoto or a two brothers. The sound out of these two is just pure music and makes it sound like a motorcycle should.
Put a set of engine guards towards the top of the list. I have KIJIMA guards. They were the only ones that stick out from the bike and protect your leg in a tip over. Just be sure to lube the Ubolts with anti-seize prior to putting on the cap nuts. They're stainless and will gall if you don't. Then the nuts can't be taken off.

+100 on ATGATT. Buy quality, well vented gear the first time. it may be a little expensive but you only have to buy it once. For warmer summer days there's also mesh gear which is quite nice these days.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Welcome MD and a hearty welcome from North Idaho!! You are now joining the Super Hero group. Once on the bike you will instantly receive the super power of "being Invisible" to other drivers!! Grab yourself a nice NC and enjoy the many Smiles per gallon ahead!! :{)

Lets stoke that crisis. Here's mine on a 6500 mile trip

20160612_080536-XL.jpg

Welcome to the world of the NC. I believe you made a good decision. I, like the others, stayed away from bikes for over 30 and started back up at age 63. Loving every minute on the bike.

Mine is a 2015 DCT (purchased new) and I was rolling up the mileage pretty quickly until the darned rotator cuff surgery grounded me for the last 2 months. The bike (Skookum) has performed flawlessly. Nothing but oil changes and scheduled maintenance. Averaging over 72 miles per gallon and 1,000 smiles per gallon.
>Thom

Back