• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mirror damaged/vandalized !!

bduffey

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So I came out of a restaurant yesterday and noticed my right-side mirror was out of position. Thinking someone must have nudged it, I tried to move it back into position, only to find it bent where the mirror shaft is screwed into my mirror extender. After getting the back home (with the mirror happily spinning around in circles as I rode) I found that the threads on the extender were crushed! I can't imagine how someone could have 'accidentally' bumped into the mirror hard enough to have stripped threads in the extender.

So the problem then got worse when I decided to remove the extender and place the mirror back into the stock mounting. The mirror itself will not screw into the shaft. I know the right side mirror is a reverse screw but it didn't seem to matter what I tried. I now have to assume that the mirror shaft itself also has stripped threads.

Now I get the pleasure of trying to find out how much fixing this whole mess is going to cost me.

I have destroyed my mirrows a few times. But at all times it was just me falling over again. I write it off, to my short inseam expense account...

if you planning to buy a new mirrors -i would strongly suggest OEM. i actually have right side mirror,cause i crushed my bike in the garage on left side once and looking for used left one...
for now i've installed some aftermarket ones that i've found in the garage from my previous bike and they worked ok,but nowhere near original ones. so-it you want to sell the left one at decent price-we might have a deal:)

ones that i have now looks like those-

Black LED Intergrated Turn Signals Mirrors for Cruiser Motorcycle M8 M10 Mount | eBay

if you planning to buy aftermarket-make sure they are convex(?) type of mirrors(makes things smaller). because mirrors with just a regular mirror are all crap. you will see nothing,because of vibration

Last edited:
So having brought the bike over to a machinist friend of mine who looked at the threads on both the mirror shaft and the mirror extender, he's of the opinion that someone may have tried to rip the mirror off the bars. The steel mirror shaft chewed up the aluminum extender base threads, crushing them! In addition, enough force was put on the mirror to actual cause the steel bolt that holds the extender into the bars (the section on the brake reservoir) to crush the top two threads on that hole also! What a mess!

We wound up having to drill and tap both threaded areas and put in a set screw to ensure everything stays in place..... I HOPE!

Back