• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Monkey Butt

This thread reminds me of a woman tv add.thanks guys i needed a laugh today.none of the female riders chimed in,wonder what they think lmol .

It was 58-67 when I read it. That's too funny! Were you one who found the review helpful? LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Helpful only in that it made me laugh! :)

Greg

for a better position-the cheapest solution that worked for me was to shave and reshape the oem seat. i was looking to solve 3 problems at once in the cheapest possible way-lower my position,so i can stand firmly on my feet, lower the wind noise from puig windscreen and more comfortable position. just like OP- i've notices that you just slide forward all the time,while sitting on this seat. and rather than equal distribution of weight-it's all on your butt chicks(which got numb after >1 hour ride)
so i just shave it and put it all back together. note that the angle from back to the front is different now. flatter. i also cut some more on the sides. basically carve it in form of my butt(you can't see it on the picture) :)
worked very well for me.

0b8155c791fb.jpg

21e0c31da642.jpg

keep in mind that if you do this-you might want to adjust rear brake pedal and shifter

Easy.

The first step is do not wear cotton underwear. Actually wear spandex or syntetic material in spandex in boxer-brief or briefs. Never wear loose boxers

The second step is carry Gold Bond or Anti Monkey Butt Powder.

Third step is a good seat

for a better position-the cheapest solution that worked for me was to shave and reshape the oem seat. i was looking to solve 3 problems at once in the cheapest possible way-lower my position,so i can stand firmly on my feet, lower the wind noise from puig windscreen and more comfortable position. just like OP- i've notices that you just slide forward all the time,while sitting on this seat. and rather than equal distribution of weight-it's all on your butt chicks(which got numb after >1 hour ride)
so i just shave it and put it all back together. note that the angle from back to the front is different now. flatter. i also cut some more on the sides. basically carve it in form of my butt(you can't see it on the picture) :)
worked very well for me.

keep in mind that if you do this-you might want to adjust rear brake pedal and shifter

What did you use to shave the seat material? I take it you shaved the rear of the seat to bring it down to the level of the front? How much height did you remove from the seat?

Had the numb butt syndrome on my NT700 after 550 miles in one day. Bad. Really bad. I didn't want to spend hundreds of bucks on a custom Russell Day Long seat, though. After much research and discussions with other riders, I bought an AirHawk R seat cushion. It is comfy, soft and easy to ride on all day! NO MONKEY BUTT, and NO NUMB BUTT, either. I paid $159.00 for it. Worth every penny.

Back