• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My Little Island will be home to over 1/2 million bikers this weekend!

Old Can Ride

Reaction score
Visit site
Lone Star Rally is considered the largest 4 day motorcycling rally in North America, with over half a million riders attending each year. Yes, my little island's motorcycle rally, like anything in Texas, is now the largest of them all. This year the rally will be held on the October 31st to November 3rd. As always, this huge event will start off at the 19th St & Strand St, Galveston, Texas 77550.

Nana Chou greeted the vendors, as they started moving in today.

[video=youtube;IPWTKs0g52k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPWTKs0g52k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The rally was born in 2002 and has been growing since. Over the 4 days there will be concerts, hundreds of vendors, the most prestigious bike builders in the USA and much more! Not only will you never run out of things to do in these four days, but you will also love the energetic but amazing atmosphere spread by all the people with similar interests.

Yes, all my biker friends are coming to see my little island!

smileysun.jpg

Last edited:
I go every year, but the one thing they can't get right is the music! AAAAH!! They have the usual "biker" bands that make the rally circuit, but unlike other well established bike rallies, we can't seem to get at least a mid-level act to perform. Instead of the real thing, this year we get a cover band...at least they dress up like the bands they imitate so that could be interesting. But the rest of the lineup...:( I know it's "free", but at $10 a day for parking X thousands of bikers=a lot of money, at least enough to get a real headliner for Saturday night.

Otherwise, great weekend for people watching...definitely showcases that it takes all kinds.... ;)

Last edited:
The land owners collect the parking fee monies. Not one cent of that money goes to the rally. That happens at all the rallies. All parking on the street downtown at the rally is free. Just more folks show every year! I go to Sturgis, Daytona, and Hollister almost every year. Parking problems are the same at all 4 rallies. The big stars at Sturgis are at the camp grounds, not at the rally. You are right, at Sturgis I prefer the Buffalo Chip Campground to the rally downtown, but it do cost a "lot" more. Not at the Lone Star Rally, but at Blowouts in Santa Fe at the old Galveston county park and campgrounds that party is getting more and more like the Buffalo Chip at Sturgis every year. Like the Buffalo Chip this an adult only party at the campgrounds. I do like camping!

At Daytona every year I park behind Dirty Harry's (good shows there), but it cost over $10 to park. If you want to get a picture with one of the good looking almost nude ladies at Dirty Harry's that will cost also, but lots of guys are in line to do just that! Those ladies know how to make money. Hollister and Daytona are set up almost exactly like the Lone Star. If you want to park for free on the Strand downtown, you have to keep circling the block until you find an open spot on the Strand. You can park a block over on Tremont street and walk over to the Strand. If you go to the beach this year, the city of Galveston is now charging to park on the beach, no meters but pay by cell phone. For free, park one to two blocks off the beach in the neighborhood, then walk the block to the beach.

Last edited:
OCR..hope to see ya there...staying at my uncles place in Kemah for the duration. Will PM you when i get in maybe a few of the NC crowd can meet up

When I met my wife she lived in Kemah. Her old home is now part of the boardwalk. It is now raining hard, but the rain is suppose to clear by Friday. Give me a yell, we will meet up and "Ride".

Jim, are you going out there on Sunday? I tried for a Saturday trip down, but I'm going to be locked down with my better half. I'm unchained on Sunday. Let me know if you want to meet up to ride the long way down.

Looks like you and I will go the long way down (Blue Water Highway on Sunday). Meet at Kroger at 9:00AM at FM 528 at Bay Area Blvd, near the gas station if anyone else wants to ride.
Just PM (Private Message) me if you are going. I will be going every day, so PM me if you are going! Going one day with Rygle928, so finally I will get a photo with another NC700 in the wild! Just send a private message if you want to ride, would be nice to have 4 or 5 NC700 in the same picture.

I missed being there, had to do MC support for Veterans ride Parade in US on Saturday, but all my Harley neighbors were down there. Sure did enjoy the peace and quite. I had to go to the local dragstrip's midnight madness to keep my hearing from becoming normal.... :)

Back