• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My NCX decided to lay down on me today..

LOL! It would be hard for the wind to knock the Harley over since the seat isn't much over 20'' off the ground..:) I know it wasn't him though, he likes shiny bikes with loud radios and pipes.
My next day on shift, I will check the security video out though.
I have been on rides with most of the riders/bikers on my crew. They're all good guys..

Its hard for me to keep up reading all the post anymore. So don't get offended if I miss a post or 20..:eek:

Wow! That's a bummer but glad that you seem to be taking it in stride. I would never have thought that winds that were sub-hurricane force could blow over a MC except if it is covered as the cover acts like a sail. This is good to know with the NCX. Will make sure if my wife and I are riding that she doesn't park it where it could fall into my bike in high winds.

One of the disadvantages of tall bikes. I think Dave is on target with the sagging issue also. At least he didn't say the another problem was a lard a$$ crushed the poor rear shock spring with
"barn door of a windscreen" comment. ;)

Sorry to see this, bro!!!! I hate that!
I use the center stand most of the time. Much more stable (as oppose to many of us thinking that a three-point-contact using a side stand is better....me included initially)

Thanks for the condolences guys. I used the side stand because of the larger 3-point stance but will start using the center stand until I make some suspension changes.
Even though I enjoy my bike so much, to me its still just a tool that can be repaired, so no biggie. As long as I'm not bleeding or broken after the bike bites it. I'm a happy camper.

It to bad you couldn't record the video camera footage so you could post it here. Is that mean to ask? Just blows me away the wind was that strong. ;)

Have I missed a thread with this being detailed and pictures 'n stuff, or...?:confused:

Lord knows I could have even replied in it if you made one, lol :rolleyes: but for the life of me I'm drawing a blank :eek:
Put a Penske rear on in September along with RaceTech fork mod. Work done by GMD in North Georgia. Love the improvement. Penske vs Ohlins is Ford vs chevy question. ( I don't drive Chevys. )

I will see if the I.T. guru can give me the video. Hopefully the cameras were working.

Well Mr. I.T. guru said the cameras watching the bikes have been down for the last 5 days and no one caught it. I love technology.:eek:
I'm just glad no bikes were stolen while they were down.

Well Mr. I.T. guru said the cameras watching the bikes have been down for the last 5 days and no one caught it. I love technology.:eek:
I'm just glad no bikes were stolen while they were down.

Go figure. What are the odds? What are the chances a bike would get pushed over by wind and at the same time the security cameras don't work? That has to be worse odds than the lottery.

I was hoping you would be able to view it. If it had happend to my bike I know I would have wanted to see it.

Crap! Sorry to hear of the tip-over, turbo. That's similar to my bike's tip-over, which put a significant scrape on the headlight (there was a post near the front).

Go figure. What are the odds? What are the chances a bike would get pushed over by wind and at the same time the security cameras don't work? That has to be worse odds than the lottery.

I was hoping you would be able to view it. If it had happend to my bike I know I would have wanted to see it.

I would have too. I guess I will start checking up on the security system now. Thankfully a vehicle wasn't stolen or damaged when the glitch occurred. I want to see the thief and find him before the boys in blue get him. ;)

Crap! Sorry to hear of the tip-over, turbo. That's similar to my bike's tip-over, which put a significant scrape on the headlight (there was a post near the front).

I was lucky that mine wasn't damaged very much. One scrape on the pannier and a small scuff on the Barkbusters Replacement Storm Plastic Guard.
If I decided to replace the parts, it would be around $150.00. I'm just happy the pannier took the hit and didn't disintegrate on impact. After I got these, I wished I had got a tougher pannier. I knew when I got the NCX it would hit the dirt once in a while, so it was time for this mishap. This little test gave me more confidence in the V35's.
Givi Monokey Side V35 Lid Panels Competition Accessories
2014 01 15 NCX 001 paint.jpg

Barkbusters Replacement Storm Plastic Guards - RevZilla

2014 01 15 NC700X tip over 008 paint.jpg

I may even try to shine them back up some day. Battle scars add character and memories, that's not so bad in my world.

Ouch! But you can take solace in the fact that you're not the first and won't be the last. I've heard a few stories of high winds knocking bikes over.

I experienced a "wind" induced motorcycle knock over in person once. While attending college in Daytona Beach FL on the airport property, we had a fighter jet visit our ramp during the airshow. When the fighter was leaving, he goosed the jet engine a little to get rolling and in the process knocked over a whole row of motorcycles that were parked in the parking lot. Talk about a "freak wind!" Luckily my bike was parked in a different area! :)

Ouch and thanks! I'll put where I park a lot higher on the list. (note to self. Don't park behind Jets)

When the fighter was leaving, he goosed the jet engine a little to get rolling and in the process knocked over a whole row of motorcycles

If your bike has to be knocked over, that's at least gotta be one of the only "cool" ways, lol

"Hey buddy, how'd ya get these here scratches in yer paint?"

"Blown over by an F117 Stealth Fighter."

:eek:

Ouch! But you can take solace in the fact that you're not the first and won't be the last. I've heard a few stories of high winds knocking bikes over.

I experienced a "wind" induced motorcycle knock over in person once. While attending college in Daytona Beach FL on the airport property, we had a fighter jet visit our ramp during the airshow. When the fighter was leaving, he goosed the jet engine a little to get rolling and in the process knocked over a whole row of motorcycles that were parked in the parking lot. Talk about a "freak wind!" Luckily my bike was parked in a different area! :)
If that was my son flying his Jersey Devil F16 to homecoming a few years back let me know. That is him in my avatar. His wife flew an F18 to same homecoming. I think it was 2008.

Are you sure the guy with the Harley next to you didn't do it? (JK)

Hey, my Gold Wing went down from the side stand when the asphalt caved in. That cost Progressive $2700.

Back