• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

my recent Scottish trip.

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
late I know but not been on here for quite a while.
last may we went to the scottish highlands for a round trip with my good lass.
she has never been to the scottish highlands not on the bike anyway.(been to edinburgh and lock lomond).
we stayed just outside of glasgow then the next day we got as far as fort williams and spent(me)4 night in hospital.
I got cellulitis in my right foot.
got to inveraray felt poorly just couldn't get warm even though it was a warm day. spewed up etc,felt better then road onto Oban.
had half a scone and tea and then carried on ,again took bad sick a few times .
I cannot remember the last 30 or so miles into fort williams.
to tell you the truth we didn't make that far ,we stopped on the edge of somes drive,had to lie down and the next thing I knew I was awoken by the owners of the drive, I couldn't get up on my own. anyway to cut the story short, they kindly looked after my bike while I was in hospital.
here's couple of pictures. hopefully we'll go again next year.
DSC04458.jpg

in OBAN...
DSC04460.jpg

Probably nothing much worse than getting ill while on a road trip. Glad yer still kickin’

Bad luck on a trip, maybe the next one will be better! Sweet Tracer! I have been eyeing those hard! What year model?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

model year 2017,
seat is even worst than my old NC,wooden plank comes to mind.
will get that sorted this winter.
she vibrate quite a bit, and at around 55-65 mph I get this annoying noise.
its hard to describe it but I can hear even when I've got ear plugs right so that I can't hear anything but that at this speed.
those with better hearing it will be worst.
I'm hoping it'll be the tyres.tracer forum members on F/B recon the vibs are cause by those dunlop tyres.
once I get this Scottish highlands trip out of the way I may sell the bike and buy a smaller one.
got to admit I'm not into top speeds,doing hundred plus mph does not appeal to me..
I'm not saying its a bad bike lovely torque less up and down on the gears.
that's why I bought it to use for the scottish trip.
I've been there last year with 15 other bikers but my wife hasn't.
so this trip is mainly for her.
I'm not really the touring type and I enjoy day trips much better.
beside wife wont go camping so staying in hotels can be costly.
I'd rather go away on hols abroad.
here in the UK you can't guarantee we're going to have good weather even in the suppose season for it.

Last edited:
Back