• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My son's first motorcycle

DanH

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
well, it's a cycle and it has a motor. :) He is 14 and needs transportation this summer to get him to football practice and work, teaching math at a tutoring place. It will do 35 mph in a pinch and should get around 200 mpg doing it.

Victors_ride.jpg

Thought about getting one myself. But then I think of the local drivers and how bike unfriendly my town is and ....no.
I do like them, though!

I think I am going to get a Vincent logo airbrushed on the tank. That would be cool.

well, it's a cycle and it has a motor. :) He is 14 and needs transportation this summer to get him to football practice and work, teaching math at a tutoring place. It will do 35 mph in a pinch and should get around 200 mpg doing it.

View attachment 24246
Dan,
Did you purchase that "motorbike" assembled, or did you buy the motor kit and install on your own bike. When I was a kid I had a similar set up, but it had a belt drive instead of a chain. Not as efficient as a chain drive.
He'll really enjoy the bike!

Dan,
Did you purchase that "motorbike" assembled, or did you buy the motor kit and install on your own bike. When I was a kid I had a similar set up, but it had a belt drive instead of a chain. Not as efficient as a chain drive.
He'll really enjoy the bike!

I bought it assembled from a 15 YO that needed the money to fix a car. He had barely used it. I had priced out the kits with the thought of doing it myself but the price for this was the same as the cost of a bike and the parts and I didn't have to put it all together. And yeah,the boy is stoked.

That is exactly how I started ...rty years ago :) Good luck to him! and you!

That set up sure looks better than the All-state mo-peds Sears sold back in the 60's. And I think it goes just about as fast. What's his farkle list like?

I built one of these a few years ago with a Giant (brand) mountain bike with a junior size frame. A friend and got all the mods; expansion chamber, larger carburetor, solid hub-mounted sprocket, etc. Go to Spooky Tooth Cycles for parts and accessories. With a bicycle wheel mounted speedo, we got it up to about 40 mph, which is significantly faster than a bicycle is designed to go. At those speeds, you need to have really "true" wheels and good brakes.

That set up sure looks better than the All-state mo-peds Sears sold back in the 60's. And I think it goes just about as fast. What's his farkle list like?

Rear rack and gel seat for starters, then its and LED headlight.

Cool kid, who has already learned about the long way round when on a bike!

[video=youtube;Ga72-ASP1uM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga72-ASP1uM[/video]

Back