• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC 750X Alternator Wattage?

afulldeck

Reaction score
Visit site
Couple of questions for those of you who have the 750X already. I see by the specifications that:

a) the alternator comes in at 420 W, while the 750 s comes in at 450 W. Any one know why the down grade in alternator size for the X?
b) Is there enough spare juice to drive the following:
i) grip warmers
ii) two USB ports
iii) GPS
iv) powered jacket

Thanks.....

Where did you got those specs? They can be mistyped...

Heat grips & the jacket are the only power hungry consumers. You need their specs (wattage) to do the math. Please be more specific.

Couple of questions for those of you who have the 750X already. I see by the specifications that:

a) the alternator comes in at 420 W, while the 750 s comes in at 450 W. Any one know why the down grade in alternator size for the X?
b) Is there enough spare juice to drive the following:
i) grip warmers
ii) two USB ports
iii) GPS
iv) powered jacket

Thanks.....
The alternator output of the NC700X is given as 420 W and there is plenty of juice for heated grips, GPS, heated gloves & grips. These add up to about 130 W. The stock lighting load is about 240 W. The engine ignition system takes an unknown amount but it can't be much.

In practice over two winters I had no problems but I usually turn down or turn off the jacket if I am in very slow traffic and I can't or won't keep the engine turning above 3000 RPM. 420 W is at 5000 RPM. The jacket draws 77 of the 130, the grips might be 36 watts.

Last edited:
Not being at home with the service manual I took 20 watts each for 5 turn/running/stop lights @100 W, headlight @ 60W, 5 W for instrument pod and added a +/- 50% fudge factor to come up with about 240 W.

Headlight is 60 W on high beam.

So I don't have the NC750x yet, but I'm also wondering if there is an open connector that I can tap into to add a switch and fusebox for electrical extras or does everyone tap into the rear lights?

So I don't have the NC750x yet, but I'm also wondering if there is an open connector that I can tap into to add a switch and fusebox for electrical extras or does everyone tap into the rear lights?

Honda accessory power harness with relay........plug and play kit.

Back