• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC ADV Build On ADV Rider

Oh HI!
In case you didn't sort it out by the user name, the build posted above is mine.

I would have posted it here but I have been on ADV Rider for a while now and it seemed more appropriate to post it there.

I have not really done too much other than order parts but I almost have everything I need for stage 1.
I hope to tackle a 19/17 front/rear Spoked wheel swap this winter if not sooner.
I will then work on some more suspension travel.

Anyway feel free to follow along and hit me up with any questions.

I have not really done too much other than order parts but I almost have everything I need for stage 1.
I hope to tackle a 19/17 front/rear Spoked wheel swap this winter if not sooner.
I will then work on some more suspension travel.

Anyway feel free to follow along and hit me up with any questions.
I have been following your ADV thread along with related threads here.
(MX Front Fender NC700X???)

My current concern/question has to do with compatibility of fitting both the larger front tire, 120/90-17, and the currently available fork brace. As I stated previously, since the larger tire doesn't fit with the OEM fender mounted in stock configuration, a fork brace will be necessary to replace the lost stiffness the OEM fender provided to the forks to prevent twisting, IMHO.

Have you measured/tested your mounted 120/90-17 tire to confirm an installed fork brace will not block/interfere with mounting the wheel to the bike?

To me, this is the first possible showstopper that you would have to overcome. Fork extensions only work on the top tubes to help with wheel/fender clearance from hitting the bike, but everything (wheel, fender/fork brace) is connected to the lower tubes and there is only a limited amount of space to work with to connect all the components to.

(Full disclosure is that I am in no way an engineer, just someone that occasionally puts his hand to his chin and goes 'hmmm', others mileage may vary.)

Ray

Last edited:
I checked out the factory fork brace a couple weeks ago.
It will likely be an issue but I will just build a fork brace with the necessary clearance.
Easy peasy.

Back