• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC on the Dragon Today

kebrider

Reaction score
Visit site
So I took of work and sneak up to Deals Gap and then Robbinsville for a bite to eat. The NC worked great as I expected it would with only some worn peg feelers to tell the story. I installed the Centerstand, Honda heated grips and Acc outlet last night. The grips were fantastic in the cooler high elevations. The Gap store owner was there and he took pics and posted them on the Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/1611676263...1392779175./10152190452411358/?type=3&theater

I had the frunk up when he took the picture. Told him someone had just stole my gas tank.

Great Day and so relaxing on the NC. Exactly what I was looking for. Superb Mountain Road bike. As are all my bikes really.

KEB

What a difference a few days makes. They posted this yesterday and the long versiona few days ago.

[video=youtube;3BL5X2DkwDY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BL5X2DkwDY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The quad drone raises the bar in HD action videos. We run through the Joyce Kilmer National Forest all the time, one of the reasons I bought the Triumph was how well the Versys did on the marginal pavement. The Tiger 800 has the ultra plush, yet well controlled suspension that lets me rip through with no drama. The NC was pretty good through the rough stuff showing great composure but a slightly harsh front end. I will get it sorted and we will run up to the Maple Springs Overlook more than a few times this Summer.

On Sunny Spring and Fall days with mild temps we run through Joyce Kilmer to Thunderbird mountain and I like to take an outdoor nap in an open field next to a lake. Nothing energizes like sleeping in the sun. In the Summer we head for the Parkway. Napping may sound like a boring pastime but instead of heading for a hammock in the back yard we jump on motorcycles and run to another state to get our siestas in (always using the Dragon or Cherohala Skyway). Boring it is not.

For the record The Girl loved the NC on the Dragon. Had to kick her off the thing to ride it. She says it's easier for her to ride than the Versys. She is right if you ride normally, the NC is easier to flick in an out of the tight stuff, but the Versys is easier to rip on. She never pushes as hard as I do but she moves along pretty well, plenty of folks struggle to keep up with her.

One of my favorite Killboy shots of all time is a Killboy shot of The Girl on the Versys all composed and mature exiting a turn with no drama and me up ahead, slightly out of focus, diving into a corner on the VFR. Got to wonder how she keeps up with me with her stately driving style and me dragging knee. She is definitely no show and all go. The picture was taken the first week we moved here 3+ years ago.

Versys3 at the Dragon.jpg

KEB

When we met at The Dragon in 2012 some of the fotos of me has The Girl on the Triumph in view behind me. I think you can just see a boot and pant leg in this one.

NC700XDealsGap.jpg
[/URL]

I'm sure they are still on the various websites. Following you up the first stage of the Dragon convinced me the bike had all the potential I would need for the area's mountain roads. I was pushing you a little but I really wanted to see the ground clearance and look at your lines to see if it could turn in quickly. You looked like you were having fun in spite of me being a little close, sorry again.

So you would have loved the look on Donna's face when she got to the Gap store from Robbinsville. As much as she was unimpressed with the idea of trading of her baby (the Tiger) she had a look of shock when we stopped. She loved the easy, smooth and flickable nature of the NC. She is a convert as she would not give me back the NC as long as we were in the tight stuff.

As much fun as the bike is in the mountains the most impressive thing is the road feel when on the highways and main roads. Does not feel like a 650 class bike at all. It has the effortless feel of a much larger displacement bike in the riding I have done so far. If the weather holds out I will be zooming down to Daytona fora couple of days for bikeweek, nothing like a couple of 600 mile days to get to know a machine.

Back