• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700 On List of 10 Cheapest MCs to Insure

I believe it - full coverage on my '12 wasn't much different than basic coverage on my '08 KLR 650 .Even the insurance agent was surprised by it - she redid it just to make certain it was right.

If we all collectively vow not to crash them or let them get stolen, the rates will go down more! ;)

Mine was cheap to add to my existing fleet - maybe $90. YMMV. At first, in 2012, insurers didn't know how to classify the bike and rates were all over the place. Maybe they got it sorted now.

Last edited:
---NC700 On List of 10 Cheapest MCs to Insure---
tell that to progressive they quoted me around 360-380 for full tort, full coverage. more than they charge me for CBR(!)
went to allstate-same(actually better) coverage cost me $124 a year.

Yeah, I have Progressive. They are still over priced. Haven't figured out who else to go with yet though. Cars and house are with USAA, but they don't do bikes. They partner with Progressive for that. I'm still paying over $60 a month. Started out at $78 a month for full coverage.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have Progressive. They are still over priced. Haven't figured out who else to go with yet though. Cars and house are with USAA, but they don't do bikes. They partner with Progressive for that. I'm still paying over $60 a month. Started out at $78 a month for full coverage.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JDE- I'm in the same boat as you. Tell me who you going with in the future.

thanks
ken

---NC700 On List of 10 Cheapest MCs to Insure---
tell that to progressive they quoted me around 360-380 for full tort, full coverage. more than they charge me for CBR(!)
went to allstate-same(actually better) coverage cost me $124 a year.
Yep - Allstate here too.

There are multiple threads already here with members going back and forth about their insurance costs. Let's just say right up front that no two companies and no two riders with get the same rates. Your rip off company might be my sweet deal. In your state it may cost more/less than in my state. While general tips for choosing coverages or shopping amongst carriers may be useful, beyond that this will just become another "oil thread".

Yeah Progressive sucks for bikes. I'm paying 40/month, but that's without collision, which doubled the price.

Same here (USAA for cars, Progressive for bikes), just learned that USAA does cover motorcycles now, if you have had a motorcycle license for 3 years. FYI

USAA only underwrites motorcycles in TX. I have USAA but when tried to add my bike, they transferred me to progressive. Licensed for 12 years. paying $200/month for full coverage with USAA "discount".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah Progressive sucks for bikes. I'm paying 40/month, but that's without collision, which doubled the price.

Yeah, I have Progressive. Mine is $32/month :(.

Oh but wait, that's for all six motorcycles we own, including a Goldwing 1800, with $500,000 liability and $500,000 uninsured/underinsured plus comprehensive. :). They had pretty much the best rates around. Like I said, your mileage may vary. Allstate wasn't bad, but they wouldn't sell me earthquake coverage on my house anymore so I had to dump them.

Last edited:
Yeah, i shopped a bit, and progressive was cheapest for me. I think as 670cc said, it really varies by rider and locale.

One of the advantages of being old is low insurance rates! Most motorcycle insurance companies will offer rider group discounted rates, home ownership discounted rates, winter discounted rates, In most states you do not get the multi car rates for a motorcycle, but every state is different. For you veterans in Texas, USAA charges the highest rates allowed by law for motorcycle insurance. Some companies just do not care to insure motorcycles in some states, so they will charge the highest rates allowed by law. You will have to shop in every state to fine the best rates. In most states every county has different rates.

Last edited:
Same here (USAA for cars, Progressive for bikes), just learned that USAA does cover motorcycles now, if you have had a motorcycle license for 3 years. FYI

When did this change? I have everything under USAA except my motorycle. I've been licensed since 1986. They sent me directly to Progressive.

USAA only underwrites motorcycles in TX. I have USAA but when tried to add my bike, they transferred me to progressive. Licensed for 12 years. paying $200/month for full coverage with USAA "discount".

That can't be $200 \ month for an NC ... please tell me that's for all your vehicles.

Nope. My truck is on a separate bill from USAA.

Bill from progressive is $200 for just the NC.

That can't be $200 \ month for an NC ... please tell me that's for all your vehicles.

Jeremy "Doc" G
Using Tapatalk on one of my Apple devices...it's cool, I know I have a problem.

Last edited:
Nope. My truck is on a separate bill from USAA.

Bill from progressive is $200 for just the NC.

I will no longer compain about my bill. That is crazy high considering we use the same insurance company, insure the same bike, and both are members of USAA. Mine used to be like that though but for a reason.

Back