• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700SA - NEW vs DEMO version

MSAB

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all. Not sure if this was ever asked, so I thought maybe I should start a new thread.
A number of the dealers in Canada are now putting the 2012 demo versions up for sale. I have the option of getting the NEW one for $ 9000 (all fees and taxes included) versus a demo version with a few hundred miles for ~ $500 less. I checked the demo, and externally it is sound, actually looks better than the new, since the NEW's seat has a small stain.
1. Is it a risky venture, despite the savings?
2. Should I stick to the new one, although it costs more?
3. And if I decide on the demo, anything else in particular to look for?

FWIW, for my 08 Goldwing I found the factory warranty expired about three months before I expected it to. On questioning the dealer, I found they registered it with Mother Honda as a demo about three months before I purchased it. Everyone at the dealership seemed surprised when I brought this to their attention. When I pointed out they sold the bike to me as a new bike, they offered me a factory extended warranty for a greatly reduced price. You might want to find out if the bike is listed with Honda as a demo, when does the factory warranty expire, and will they give you a killer deal for the extended factory warranty if the basic warranty has been in effect for several months.

Personally for $500, I'd rather go with a new one.
You don't really know who demo'ed the bike and how he did it.
For a fair bit more, say 1000 or 1500, then I'd head straight for the demo bike, if money was tight.
Cheerios!

Are you financing or paying cash. On a typical 4 year contract the difference in payments is about 12 dollars a month.
I would think the warrenty alone would be worth the extra cost

My problem with the demo is the way it was broken in. When I took my test ride, I spent about an hour riding at normal speeds and at times riding it like I stole it, hit the rev limiter a couple times! How many other people did the same? I know how mine was broke in...it comforts me...she only had 3 tenths of a mile on her when I took delivery.

One thing to remember that if it is a demo that was registered threw Honda, to be in that program the warranty date started at that time, even if not sold, dale

Thanks everyone. I am not financing but paying cash.
Just returned from the dealer. I am getting a discount of ~800$ altogether versus the new. And they will be taking my CBR250RA with 2264 km on it for trade in. FYI the demo has 450 km on it, and was driven under supervision. It wasn't registered with MTO or with mother Honda. So the warranty is valid and effective from my purchase date.
Overall what I will be paying is Red CBR250RA + $5k, all taxes and fees included.

Thanks everyone. I am not financing but paying cash.
Just returned from the dealer. I am getting a discount of ~800$ altogether versus the new. And they will be taking my CBR250RA with 2264 km on it for trade in. FYI the demo has 450 km on it, and was driven under supervision. It wasn't registered with MTO or with mother Honda. So the warranty is valid and effective from my purchase date.
Overall what I will be paying is Red CBR250RA + $5k, all taxes and fees included.

Attaboy!
Go go go!
:D
Enjoy!

Back