• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700X GP (Reverse) Shift Possiable?

Thank you for the picture posts. That is in the stock configuration - which I have seen in the dealership showroom floor. What I am hoping for are photos of it in the reversed position (which front sprocket removed) and verification that there is no interference (metal on metal contact) when shifted/operated.

Yes, start with those....the "after surgery" pictures are coming up next (from someone else)....
:p

Looking at the external mechanism, it looks like it would be relatively easy to do externally. One way would be to weld a tab on top of the shift lever to receive the shifting link. That would directly reverse the shift direction.

Yes, it should be quite simple. I've done it on my F4i by just flipping the arm that connects the linkage to the gear box (and choosing to cut my front sprocket cover).

My question, which I hope pictures from Markino answers, is to be sure there is no mechanical interference - metal to metal contact when the linkage arm now 'points' up higher where is connects to the gear box. It takes less than 5 minutes to remove the 2 sprocket cover bolts and 1 bolt where it connects to flip the link. The whole thing boils down to interference or not.

I gave mine a bath today and took a look at the shift linkage while it was on the lift. I am not convinced you could invert the piece of the linkage that connects to the shift shaft. I don't think there is room above it to enable it to rotate. But I wouldn't bet a pay check on it.

Well, I ended up getting a NC700X. To close out this thread, I've decided to add pictures of the modified front sprocket cover after cutting with a Dremel cutting wheel (always wear eye protection!).
Modify at your own risk if you want, I am not responsible for what you may do to your bike. The plastic front sprocket cover is a $55 part.
You may want to see if you like GP shift first by just flipping the linkage before cutting the plastic.
Attached are pictures of the flipped linkage without the cover, the raw cut cover, the cut cover with black electrical tape around the rough edges, and the final install.

DSCF2540.JPGDSCF2541.JPGDSCF2542.JPGDSCF2543.JPG

Back