• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC700x vs CB500X

Thats a helpful tidbit from fuelly, It does the work for you!
The bad thing about the first fill is. You don't know what the actual mileage is because the dealer filled it.

Last edited:
We should soon enough see on Fuelly the true mpg of the CB500x. I think in reality it shouldn't be able to beat the NC700x. They made the NC particularly for mpg, the CB500x it was just a natural side effect of a smaller engine. I definitely think the NC will have the edge in high speed mpg because it's not straining and revving at insane speeds.

There was a comparison between the CB (or its similar sporty version) and the Ninja 300 in one of the magazines this month. Seemed like Honda was tuned much closer to the 700x than the Ninja, which many thought was more fun to ride (despite less horsepower). My guess is that it's a pretty nice bike, but I would not worry about a few more peak horsepower that come at higher revs.

I was lucky enough to ride the CB500F back to back with my NC.
My first impression was "wow, this is a great bike." To be completely honest, if I had done the test ride prior to buying the NC I would have bought it, not because I think it is better. But because it is a very comfortable ride, also good on gas, and I didn't need to shift gears in the middle of the intersection. Plus it is cheaper to buy and insure (for me 250/year cheaper).
I also find the NC has a issue with wind buffering, not sure if it has to do with the nose, but the 500F had less issue with the high wind.

I didn't notice any HP difference but I did notice the torque. But the 500 would have no problem keeping up to the NC.

Was at the dealer today at Berkeley, California. They have a cb500x on display. From a distance it does look like an NC700. Up close the color was flat/Matt black and no frunk. I see the engine is a traditional upright head.

I see some of the same parts as in the nc700. No dct , it has a clutch.

I still would of purchased my nc700 because of color, dct and frunk.

Ken

Back