• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc700x vs Ducati Multistrada 1200S

calfinm

Reaction score
Visit site
Took my NC in for a scheduled service today and the dealer scraped up a Multistrada for a loaner. Thought I'd give a quick comparison/review.

Will tabulate as I feel its pretty straight forward.

duo.jpg

Brand recognition:
Ducati sounds foreign.
Honda 10 : Ducati 0

Brakes:
As hard as I tried I could not get the Multistrada to lock a wheel, even whilst rapid emergency breaking and on the odd wet patch it refused to slide or grab..very poor. My non DCT NC can lock a wheel on demand, wet or dry.

Engine:
The Ducati sounds like Barry White gargling gravel drenched in KY-Jelly...just awful.

Frunk:
Seriously!
ducati_multistrada_stowage.jpg

Quality & Reliability:
The Ducati's speedometer was faulty, it constantly and rapidly transitioned from single to triple digits instantainously. Some form of speedo helaer required.

Price:
Unclear as believe dealer was quoting pesos
Honda 0 : Ducati 0

Clearly not an exhaustive test but quite frankly i couldn't get back on my Honda fast enough.

Attachments

• duo.jpg
    duo.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 664
This is a surprising review. Except for the engine noise part, i just don't understand why people like that awful clutch sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Brakes:
As hard as I tried I could not get the Multistrada to lock a wheel, even whilst rapid emergency breaking and on the odd wet patch it refused to slide or grab..very poor. My non DCT NC can lock a wheel on demand, wet or dry.

That's by design. That particular MTS1200 is equipped with ABS.

The Ducati is an absolutely stunning bike and if you get a chance to ride one jump on it, even if your not interested in the 150hp the computer fan-dangled suspension alone's worth the experience. The only serious thing I will say is jumping back on the NC made me realize it doesn't "feel cheap", which is great (except maybe the suspension ).

Three points
1) i don't understand how an italian name sounds more foiegn than a Japanese one except of course to Japanese person.
2 Is your NC fitted with ABS? If not this would explain how you can lock the brakes and the ABS equiped Ducati can't
3) It a matter of personal taste but I actually liked the sound of my Multistrada DS 1000s dry clutch especialy after I fitted the ventilated cover.

Three points
1) i don't understand how an italian name sounds more foiegn than a Japanese one except of course to Japanese person.
2 Is your NC fitted with ABS? If not this would explain how you can lock the brakes and the ABS equiped Ducati can't
3) It a matter of personal taste but I actually liked the sound of my Multistrada DS 1000s dry clutch especialy after I fitted the ventilated cover.

1. I may be Japanese
2. Yes my NC is fitted with "A Bad Seat"..its not the worst Ive ever had but its pretty uncomfortable. Not clear on how that affects breaking?
3. Ive never heard you multistrada. Cant comment

Some of y'all are taking this comparison too seriously ;).

Greg

1. I may be Japanese
2. Yes my NC is fitted with "A Bad Seat"..its not the worst Ive ever had but its pretty uncomfortable. Not clear on how that affects breaking?
3. Ive never heard you multistrada. Cant comment

2 Not knowing you I don't know if your second comment was humerous ir not but ABS is an Anti lock braking system so therefore the Ducati fitted with this would not lock it's wheels

That's lamborghini .true fact.

That must be what I was thinking. Lambogeeeenee!

It hilarious that they would give you a $20K bike as a loaner for a $7K bike. So maybe next time I take a Honda Accord in for a service, they will give me a Audi RS6 to putt around. LOL

Last edited:
It hilarious that they would give you a $20K bike as a loner for a $7K bike. So maybe next time I take a Honda Accord in for a service, they will give me a Audi RS6 to putt around. LOL

I honestly had to grit my teeth to wipe the stupid grin off my face as I took the key.
What I have to take this old thing? Guess who wont be coming back here for their next service!

Back